Anybody from San Francisco????

Options
emrogers
emrogers Posts: 328 Member
I will be going to San Fran tomorrow a.m.
Who lives there that can recommend GREAT places to eat and see?

Replies

• pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I am in the bay, but not SF, all i know is bars out there, not the best food lol
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    bump
  • destiny637
    Options
    I just moved from SF. What neighborhood are you staying in? You looking to do touristy stuff? Hubby and in lived there for a long time. Message me if u want more info. :)
  • destiny637
    Options
    Oh, and it's going to be absolutely gorgeous in the city this weekend!! Amazing actually!
  • localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in SF and it is absolutely restaurant heaven!

For healthy:
    Pluto's on Irving St. (this is a small chain restaurant, but yummy)
    Best salads ever, and this comes from me, a seriously veggie challenged woman.

Mandalay on California St.
    AMAZING Burmese food

Actually, I could go on for a long time, as there are so many places, but what kind of food do you enjoy?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    China Town! Get some real Chinese "soul" food and not the Westernized versions! Alcatraz is one of a kind if you have time and Fisherman's Wharf has great places to eat!
    If it was still baseball season, AT&T park is one of the best venues to watch a ball game! Oh and get some Ghiradelli chocolate!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i am from that area...i moved to the other side of the world (again) though I love SF :D

i think you need to visit la boulange bakery :D They have them all-throughout SF so it wouldnt be hard-to-come-by, and OMFG its amazing :D

http://laboulangebakery.com/
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I am not from the area, but I have lived close by for 10 years or so. Not too sure about restaurants, but you need to see China Town, Coit Tower, Lombard Street, Fisherman's Wharf, the Golden Gate Bridge and ride a cable car. If you can only do a few things, I could ride the cable car done to end of the line at Fisherman's Wharf (or close to it) and you wlll be able to see the bridge from there.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm from the San Joaquin Valley and so I go to the City to get away from all this ghetto shizz...anyway, I eat at a Thai place inside the Parc 55 hotel.
    Ride the trolley car thingie to the Castro.
    Go to Golden Gate Park.
    Eat at Naan N Curry.
    Chinatown is awesome.
    Dunno really, the whole City is great. I love it there.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thank you ALL, I'll be staying at the Parc 55, so definitely trying Thai. I'll be doing mostly all of what you guys suggested. THANKS!!!!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Thank you ALL, I'll be staying at the Parc 55, so definitely trying Thai. I'll be doing mostly all of what you guys suggested. THANKS!!!!

Have fun! And really...if you see La Boulange, GO TO IT!!! Most amazing bakery/pastry place ever :D
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    Ike's Place! It's a sammich shop, and they have bomb ridiculous subs. Mmmmmmm.