the gym sucks! i hate fad diets, please help!

Options
i have zero motivation to go to the gym. i have not gone in two weeks. I am so overwhelmed by calories, working out, fad diets that I cannot take it any more! I am 5'3" and weigh 178 pounds, my goal is to weigh 125. I want to lose 2 pounds a week max. How many calories do I need? How much carbs, fat and protein? How many minutes of cardio a day? I am so confused, please help!!! I have tried a registered dietitian and a personal trainer and everyone says something different!

Replies

• gomezgirl
    Options
    i have zero motivation to go to the gym. i have not gone in two weeks. I am so overwhelmed by calories, working out, fad diets that I cannot take it any more! I am 5'3" and weigh 178 pounds, my goal is to weigh 125. I want to lose 2 pounds a week max. How many calories do I need? How much carbs, fat and protein? How many minutes of cardio a day? I am so confused, please help!!! I have tried a registered dietitian and a personal trainer and everyone says something different!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this site is fantastic. I am around your height 5'2" and I started at 180 lbs. I love the calorie counter because almost everything I eat is in there already, it is awesome. I am sure that you will find this site wonderful. Check out your food log and it will show you how many calories, including carbs, fat and protein you should have.
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    I know how you feel, I have had a gym membership for awhile and have not gotten the motivation to get my butt in there and get to work. But I tell you once you get in there and start it you will feel so much better. Some people may need personal trainers and everything but I can't afford it so I do what I think is right, I go to the gym and get in my cardio and do some workout videos at home. As far as the eating use the food journal here at myfitnesspal. it has been very helpful to me. Be honest and log in everything and you will learn to stay under the number that you set. They have the goals where you can set you calories intake by you height weight and the amount of weight that you want to lose. Plus login any exercise so that you add the calories burned into your daily food intake. Everyone here at MFP is helpful. good luck to you :smile:
  • pparker2214
    pparker2214 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    well said Jennlos! I agree!! :drinker:

don't fret gomezgirl... we are all here going through the same process.. some of us just starting out :grumble: and others further downt he track, but all are willing to offer advice and encouragement to one another:heart: ... keep checking the community forums... make some friends and you'll want to keep coming back :bigsmile:

when you can't find something to be motivated about from your own life.. cruise through these amazing women's profiles .. they are so inspiring and really keep you going when you're in a down cycle... :smile:

good luck!!:glasses:
  • capampuch
    Options
    My best motivation to get to the gym is my workout buddy. It's hard to find a good one, but now that I have we have a blast! Maybe there is a message board at the gym you can post a workout partner request...
    We take turns making up workouts that mix cardio, weights and the dreaded sit ups. Even when we can't get there together, we challenge each other. I'll txt her and say I did 3 miles in 35 minutes...beat that!
    Remember, the hardest part about excercise it to start.
    Good luck!