what do you eat if you are in a hurry?

Options
just curious- what is a good meal substitute for a last minute quick on the go ....whatever.... you know- I find times that I must be somewhere and don't even have the time to warm up a leftover item in the microwave. Just looking for great ideas that aren't tons of calories and satisfying....Thanks!

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    BP&J on whole wheat?
  • LizDHarris
    LizDHarris Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Philadelphia llight and marmite on rice cakes
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    cereal, almond milk and a scoop of protein powder
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Non-fat, plain yogurt (greek style if you want less sugar) with some fruit. Sometimes I put in dried fruit, other times I put in fresh. Either way it's pretty good.
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have the slim fast powder and I add it to milk and its ment to be a meal replacer when you do the plan, I dont do the plan but I use it when I dont have time to stop and eat, I find that it keeps me feeling satisfied for up to 4 hours some imes more depening how much I mix.
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Greek yogurt and some sort of nut/lowfat cheese.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    handful of almonds or a snack bag of trailmix I assembled myself to control the sodium...

jerky.... beef or otherwise.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    When I cook a full meal, I always make sure I make a little extra, and freeze it. That way I have a quickie meal, that is healthy and can be heated up in the microwave.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on a rice cake. I usually have sliced chicken breast in the fridge so I will grab a couple of slices and a babybel or protein bar.
  • jbudge1
    jbudge1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    McDonald's regular hamburger or Del Taco regular taco no cheese :bigsmile:
  • ms78
    ms78 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Souds like a lot of work but I plan every meal in advance and I usually have a low calorie supermarket bought sandwich or salad in the fridge for such emergencies! I have a bf who will eat anything I don't so it won't go to waste.
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    Baby carrots with no fat ranch dressing
    low fat pretzel sticks
    Quaker Rice cakes
  • dontletmegetme
    Options
    I warm up some progresso soup or I have some whole wheat toast with organic peanut butter,marmite,or laughing cow cheese.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Grab a pita, slather a spoon or two of hummus inside it, stuff it with a handful off lettuce. Done
  • wonrob
    wonrob Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i leave an up&go in my bag for whenever i might need it.
    i'm a student- guess it would work for anyone though.
    leaves me satisfied for a few hours
  • wonrob
    wonrob Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i also carry a muesli bar with me all the time