Exercise calories?

Options
I'm confused. I've always heard that one of the big reasons people don't lose weight is that they think that they can eat more calories because they exercised. But I keep reading on here that you have to eat your exercise calories in order to succeed. Which is right?

Replies

• megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. I've always heard that one of the big reasons people don't lose weight is that they think that they can eat more calories because they exercised. But I keep reading on here that you have to eat your exercise calories in order to succeed. Which is right?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    You'll hear both sides argued here as well.

I eat some of mine when I work out.
    Others don't eat any.... some eat every single one.
    Every body is different.
  • saskia
    saskia Posts: 31
    Options
    I guess what you have heard may refer to people who run for 20 minutes and then think they have deserved a pint of lager or Big Mac meal....

In general, you will loose weight if you burn more than you eat. Personally, I believe the research that says you should eat most of your exercise calories but as said above, there are different views on this. Good luck finding out what works for you!
  • rrmudd
    rrmudd Posts: 12
    Options
    This week I have been eating my exercise cals and have not had good luck with it on the scale or tape measure but my body is so wack that I have to switch up my diet ever few weeks to keep it guessing and not get too comfortable with a routine. I do believe that this next week I will try and not eat my exercise cals and see what happens. I let you know how it goes.
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I only eat some of my exercise calories if i'm truly hungry, which means after i've had a big glass of water and after 10-15 minutes i'm still hungry then I go for an under 100 calorie snack.