Weekends

Like many people, I eat great during the week; the routine of it all keeps me in check. But once the weekend hits, it's a disaster. I usually start off with a healthy breakfast, but lunch and dinner are often at restaurants (especially since we travel a lot on the weekends).

Any tips for having a fun weekend that doesn't totally ruin a week's worth of hard work?
Also, what are your thoughts on "saving up" calories (ie, not eating your exercise cals during the week so that you can go over on the weekends)?

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Check out the book Eat This, Not That for restaurant swaps. Know that most of the food will be loaded with sodium so drink plenty of water. It's about making better food choices.

I give myself 1 cheat meal a week and I save up when ever I am craving for that 1 meal. There's no such thing as banking calories, (unless you do weight watchers points which is different), it's a lifestyle change.
  • aab2011
    aab2011 Posts: 49
    I have been thinking about this whole saving calories thing. I am trying to maintain right now, wouldn't be sad if I lost 5 more but pretty happy at where I am at. Anyway I do super good during the week and then weekends are **** with drinking eating and so on. The thing is I have yet to gain anything back and I am going on 4 weeks now. So if I am able to do better during the week and be bad on the weekend and not gain I am happy. I also try to stay active on the weekends. I lost 22 lbs from July to sept and was super good on the weekends but couldn't take it anymore. I think it would work but thats just me.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Saving calories during the week and going over on the weekends has generally worked pretty well for me. I figure it's sort of like a crude form of calorie cycling/zigzagging. As long as your deficit for the week is about where you want it (ie. you intake 3500 fewer calories than you expend), then you should still be on track. Or, at least, I have been! :) Ish. Haha.