The Walking Dead

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I am a little nervous, though. The show's creator, Frank Darabont, left the show. (Yes, I know he didn't do the comic -- I said the show's creator).

Rumor was he left because the producers were looking to alter the content to save some bucks.
    Instead of long, sprawling outdoor scenes, the network wanted the second season of The Walking Dead to occur 50% outdoors and 50% indoors (indoors being cheaper to film). Another note asked whether or not the audience had to always see the zombies – couldn’t they simply hear them sometimes.
    So, yeah. Looking to move it indoors, like "The Honeymooners" and use less makeup budget by just *hearing* the zombies. :huh:

Let's hope that didn't happen, and the second season is as good as the first.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    havent watched the show yet but ive read the comic books. i have season one around here somewhere and planned to watch it before season 2 started >.>
    Going in a different direction from the comics, which is kinda cool, actually. Getting some variety.
  • SmithMLD
    SmithMLD Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love it, seriously can't wait!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    The Walking Dead was the only series where I've actually watched an entire season since Band of Brothers came out.
    Another amazing series.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I the huge Geek in my household and to my surprise my clearly ungeeky wife loves this show as well.

We watched the first episode last year and I was like, "That show kicks as" expecting a blank stare from my wife but she said "Wos, that was awesome!".
    Crazy! Same thing happened here! The wife is jazzed to see the new episodes.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I'm not a nerd, but me too.
    Whatevs...
    Quiet, you.
    You channeling Moe?

moe-howard.jpg
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Confessions Time: I secretly want to be a Zombie. It looks like such a good time. Not a care in the world, except for the neverending thurst for brains. You don't have worry about what you are wearing to what you hair looks like. Don't know where the kids are? Who cares? You're a freakin Zombie. Late with the bills? Who cares? You're a Zombie.

Honest kind of reminds me of when I was in college. Fun times, fun times.

Never seen the show, I get too jealous.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I live in Scotland!! We don't get it for aaaaages </3
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    BUT... you have super cool, sexy accents.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I'VE NEVER SEEN IT, BUT IT LOOKS GOOD
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options

*like*
  • sarahdunagan
    Options
    YESSSS, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THAT SHOW!! THANKS FOR THE REMINDER!
  • bigdaddycowgill
    bigdaddycowgill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Love it! Can't wait!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Huge fan. Both my girl and I are really looking forward to it
  • Oz2011
    Oz2011 Posts: 58
    Options
    I cannot wait, Awesome show, Also their panel will be at Comic Con this weekend can't wait to check it out!!
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    watched episode 1 of first season last night!
    i guess i'll be too late to catch season 2 as it first airs, but i will look forward to it.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I am more than psyched :D but naturally my bf could care less :( So I will watch it alone.
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Love the show feels like its been ages since last season.......can not wait!!!!! My hubby is working and says I cant watch it till we can watch it together so I have to PVR it awwwwwwww. But so excited!!! Dexter also started and waiting for the killing season 2 so many good shows :)
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

This is true. But we don't have guns here, so whenthe zombies take over we're ****ed!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Confessions:
    I secretly want the zombie apocalypse to happen!
    I totally feel prepared for a survival situation. Although with my luck I would be patient zero.

Super excited for Sunday though!