Anyone on a "diet" plan?

Options
If so what are you using? Jenny Craig? Nutrisystem? Special K? How much have you lost using it and was it hard to follow? I'm not looking for anyone to jump in with the eat real stuff or any debates... I would really like to actually get an answer to the question without a debate. Thanks!

Replies

• KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have done the body by vi shakes and within the first three days had lost 6 inches on my waist. down 10 lbs and still going!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm on MFP.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm on MFP.

Me too!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm on MFP.

Me too!
    I snort MFP :drinker:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I like to do special K for a few days / a week every once in a while. I lose a pound or two, it's yummy easy to follow, and then I swap back to a more "regular" eating style.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I'm on MFP.
    Me too!
    Get... OUT!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,998 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Human Diet.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Human Diet.

canibalism is frown upon in our society you know
  • smarterthanyoda
    Options
    I've had good success with SlimFast, but I only take it one meal a day (lunch).
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    This is not really a diet for me, it's a lifestyle change, and MFP is my vice. I keep track of my calories, nutrients, and exercise here. No need to follow short term diet plans as they will produce short term results.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Tesco Diets.
    I actually tend to use it more for suggestions on what the hell to eat because I am really bad at making good food choices. Left on my own I end up just eating pasta and this makes me vary my diet.
    It also gets modified by me depending on the hours I have to work (and therefore am unable to cook the recipes) but it's going well. I tend to lose about 1lb a week on it. I track it on here because I don't do 'low fat' or 'diet' foods and they recommend a lot of that. That and I fully subscribe to the MFP way of eating your exercise calories back.
  • newarkco05
    Options
    Thank you to those who ANSWERED the QUESTION! :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Thank you to those who ANSWERED the QUESTION! :)
    YOU'RE welcome. :bigsmile:
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I do low carb and low cal and track them both on MFP. It is what works for me, my body, and my lifestyle!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,950 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm on the seefood diet, and I love the variety.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a high food diet.
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have done South Beach and lost 17 lbs but gained that plus back. I also found that becuase I am not a huge meat eater, I was eating mostly salad and eggs and just wanted a hot meal. I have also done the Abs diet. I didn't stick with it long but still use the basic principles along with calorie counting and it has worked for me. The recipes are really tasty too. Abs Diet Power is a device to remind you what to eat as follows: A- Almonds and nuts, B- beans and legumes, S- spinache and other green veggies, D- Dairy low fat/fat free, yogurt, cheese, I- instant oatmeal unflavored unsweetened, E- eggs, T- turkey and other lean meats, P- peanut butter, O- olive oil extra virgin, W- whole wheat brads and cereals, E-Extra whey protein powder, R-raspberries and other berries. The idea is to eat the words in combination. So a chilli made with beans, lean meat (I use 93/7 ground sirloin), and a little low fat sour cream is a go. It also encourages smoothies at least twice daily for breakfast and snack or two snacks. That is what the whey protein is for along with berries a little yogurt, peanut butter and ice. Quite tasty and travels easily. eat 6 times a day (3 meals, 3 snacks) with snacks happening 2 hours before meals. protions are not an issue according to the author as you are eating such dense filling food that you learn to self protion control based on hunger. My cousins have done it and both look fantastic! They just eat this way now. I couldn't stay with it as long as I just didn't dig the protion control thing but I still use some of the recipes and if I find myself lost when not at home (snacks on the road, eating out) I look to the words to guide my choices. common sense really but helpful.

I hope this helps.
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 6 week body make over I lost 5.5 pounds in the first week one so far in the second but i have had my reasons for that one is its that time of the month two is lots of birthdays fell thsi week so im not compeltely on plan. I fit in my clothes way better! I find its easy to follow if i cook for the entire week on sundays.It is pretty restrictive but I find it ok
  • speedyme
    speedyme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Try "Eating Clean" by Tosca Reno! It's more of a lifestyle change but has amazing results.

In 12 weeks my sister in-law had lost 33lbs and 30inch (10 of which came off her adomin and 6 came off her waist in the first 7 weeks). She is still having a steady weight loss averaging 3lbs a week. She also joined Bootcamp with me a couple days a week and run/walks at least 2 days a week.

I'm doing the same lifestyle change but not as clean her but still having success! As long as i'm losing i'm happy.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I used to do Slimfast, and that worked for me usually. The problem with that, for me, was that I was doing Slimfast before I really knew about calories and things like that. Sounds stupid, I know, but because of that I don't know how I managed to make it work, but it did.

Now what I do, and I like it better because I can eat yummier things than chalky Slimfast drinks, is I put in enough food in my log, maybe 100 or so less than MFP says I need, then I buy those foods for a week. It takes the temptation out of the day. If I already have what I'm eating for the day planned out, I won't want to eat too much of something. Those extra 100 calories or so can either be extra weight loss, or if someone just has something that just looks dream-worthy, I can have a bite or two without feeling like I've ruined the day.

So yeah, not quite a brand name diet, but it works really well for me.