Egg Whites and Oatmeal!

Options
2»

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I had it this morning!

1/2 apple chopped (cooked with cinnamon in the microwave for a min to soften)
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 cup oats
    2 Tbsp oat bran
    1 Tbsp chia
    1/4 cup egg whites
    3/4 cup water

Cook for 1min45sec stirring halfway and enjoy! I top mine with PB and greek yogurt. Way delicious.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    No yolk? I... I... I don't know if this is real. Where does the yolk go? Why isn't it being eaten? I'm petrified right now. :p
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued-do you cook them together? Or mix together after they're cooked?

I cook the egg white and the oatmeal separate then mix together.

I have tried pasta with scrambled eggs mixed in and it's good!! I have been craving grits and eggs. I might have to give this a shot!! hehe
  • witchygirl71
    Options
    I have been doing a lot of eggs and oatmeal
    I take 3 large egg whites, 1/4 cup of oatmeal and either half a banana or 3/4 cup blueberries and blend them.
    fill a omelette size skillet and make a pancake.
    I then top it with sugar free syrup, which is not bad at all!
    I feel full and it lasts so much longer than a bowl of cereal or just hot oats!
  • witchygirl71
    Options
    I don't know if I'm normal enough to say it's normal. but yes I do eat it and I just posted how I make it!
  • witchygirl71
    Options
    Does anyone else mix scambled egg whites in with their oatmeal? I told a friend this today and she looked completely disgusted.

come on people, make me feel normal again!

I don't know if I'm normal enough to say it's normal. but yes I do eat it and I just posted how I make it!
    [/quote]
  • judgejava
    Options
    I often do that and sometimes the whole egg, add some peanut butter and some honey....delicious
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I prefer cheese.. for the last month or so I have perfected my "Mac and Cheese" Oatmeal. I eat it almost every day.. so good. You just make it exactly like mac and cheese.
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I mash up a banana, add dry oatmeal, add egg then cook it up like a pancake...serve with maple syrup, yum!

I am going to try this.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I had 2 egg whites in my oatmeal this morning :) Yay protein!
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I scramble eggs into black beans and rice.