Zumba Sub

We had a sub at my Zumba Class Tonight....
I burned less calories in 20 minutes of Zumba that I did in 10 minutes of Run/Walk based on my HRM...
WOW AND I WAS GOING AT A FASTER PACE THAN MY ZUMBA SUB.. WASTE OF TIME TONIGHT :)

Now Granted we are spolied with AWESOME instructors for Zumba at my gym including one who actually gets paid by Zumba Fitness, so she had a lot to live up to but to go from a 10 to a 1 is pitiful. She was going slower than the Zumba gold Instructor Does (the slower paced Zumba class for "older" people or people who have a harder time moving..OR I like to say the "starter" class easier to learn the steps at a slower pace LOL)

Hope your workouts were better than mine tonight :)

Replies

• jencute
    jencute Posts: 35 Member
    Ugh the zumba classes at my school suck in general so I definitely feel your pain. College exercise classes are sub-par on the whole though i find...
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    I hear ya! I am an instructor and I went to someone's class just for something different and burned less than half of what I usually burn in an hour. I was mad especially because it was on the weekend when I needed to burn more!!! :grumble:

And what is the name of the instructor who gets paid from Zumba Fitness? Is she a ZES or a jammer?!?!?
  • proudmami1138
    proudmami1138 Posts: 16 Member
    Can totally relate. When my fav Zumba instructor is out I actually don't bother going. :/ Cause the other instructors are just too slow and I barely break a sweat. I tell her all the time I wish she taught everyday. Right now its 3 times a week and I never miss it. lol

Zumba addict here :)
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    I loved Zumba until my instructor quit and they got a replacement, the new girl was nice but she was slow like the sub you had. I tried to stick with her but eventually I got so bored and wasn't get the good workout I use to so I stopped going and do my own workouts now. Lucky for you this girl was just a sub... I miss Zumba it was fun. I have thought about being a Zumba instuctor before but still have not done it

Hope your instructor is back soon!! :-)
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    I'm sorry you had a not so good workout! I know what you mean though; I am spoiled with 2 amazing instructors that people follow from all over the city & the sub is NOT the same! I think I would die if they left my gym...I hope that never happens! I look forward to zumba class all day long & I feel so great during a class. I am extremely addicted! I would take classes every single day if it were offered!
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    I hear ya! I am an instructor and I went to someone's class just for something different and burned less than half of what I usually burn in an hour. I was mad especially because it was on the weekend when I needed to burn more!!! :grumble:

And what is the name of the instructor who gets paid from Zumba Fitness? Is she a ZES or a jammer?!?!?

He is a Jammer.. Hugo Garrido
    He had some big event tonight he had to be ... apparently with all the good Zumba Instructors too LOL
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member

He is a Jammer.. Hugo Garrido
    He had some big event tonight he had to be ... apparently with all the good Zumba Instructors too LOL

Ah yes! HE!!! Duh, I should not have assumed it was a "she" :blushing: It's funny, when all of us at 24 HR Fitness went to convention there were 8 of us and we were afraid there wasn't going to be anybody left to sub our classes!!!

Awesome, when you got a good instructor, hang on to them!!
  • I had a similar experience recently too, I've always had the same instructor since I started Zumba a few months ago and 3 weeks ago she was away. I didn't realise there would be such a difference in instructors! I've realised my regular instructor is VERY high intensity and she is so good, she is very polished, very encouraging and just very passionate, which in turn makes me really passionate about it too. The sub we had was very low intensity, her routines were pretty awful (we would do one move over and over for what felt like minutes at a time!), she barely spoke, didn't give us any instructions or encouragement and wasn't at all polished, she looked very uncomfortable and like she was almost embarrassed to be there...3 people walked out in the middle of the class!

But it actually made me realise just how amazing my regular instructor is and how much I do love Zumba when it's done properly, so much so that I'm considering becoming an instructor when I have lost a bit more weight and improved my fitness levels some more.