So....I've made a decision

Options
I've been reading a lot of people's posts about how often they weigh. I am a first thing in the morning, every morning, weigher. Since eating better and beginning to exercise, I've seen the weight fall off, then I woke up today two pounds up. I'm sure it's due to the recent surge of activity and water i've consumed, but It's still depressing. I've decided to only weigh once a week. I'm sure this is going to be extremely difficult for me! Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I still weigh everyday, but I only worry about the once a week number. Weight fluctuates, that's normal. But I bet if you weigh tomorrow, it will be back down.

Good luck!
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Take the battery out or put somewhere that is takes time to get too. If your like me it will start calling to you and before you even realize what is happening you are on the scale starring at a number that is not to your satisfaction
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    hide the scale :)
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    better yet, have your husband hide the scale :happy:
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    my husband refuses to let me have a scale so whenever i go to my mom's house is the only time i'm near one
  • Amyeeeeeee
    Amyeeeeeee Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i feel that weighing daily only makes you think u are losing weight faster and then when you have muscle buildup or water gain and your weight increases you get the huge let down... SO I weigh in on Monday nights after my workout and I go to the ladies room to pee, then I weigh. I get that accurate weight and if its high I just say Ill get em next time.. if its down I give myself a hug and still work hard. The only weight off is your weight off and for no other. Keep up the good work!!!
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    I like to check everyday even if it gets ugly.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I weigh semi-daily/daily. I like seeing the patterns but I stay away when feeling extra heavy. Haha. Whatever works for you, dude.

:drinker:
  • jatiger83
    jatiger83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am like you, each and every AM i weigh myself. There is no way I could do it once a week. I tired it but I feel like I do better when I weigh myself each day. I guess this isn't being helpful to you...sorry. I hope this change works out better for you. I know it can be hard to see your weight go up by 2 lbs out of the blue. I wish you the best :)
  • It's hard to stay away from that scale!! I WANT to get on everyday, but I know it's not a good idea for me. So, I made a deal with myself: only the Saturday morning number counts, but I am allowed to "check in" on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Still a little excessive, but as long as I stick to the Saturday number as "official", I seem to do ok. Good luck!!
  • Judyann5
    Options
    I also weigh myself everyday. I keep saying I will weigh myself once a week. But I keep hoping to see the number go down. It has not but my clothes are not as tight. Good luck and do what makes you happy.
  • nici94
    nici94 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have that problem too. Yesterday I was up 1.9 pounds even though I have been eating great and working out more. I am going to start only weighting myself every monday. Then that way I'll see a bigger weight loss every time.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I started the weight-loss journey with the scale once a week, twice at most. THEN i became an everyday kind of girl. AND THEN it was a multiple times a day, like SEVERAL, and it GOT worse. so every now and again I have to do an "off the scale" type of self challenge where I just have to stop and tell myself that the scale is not that important, not to the extent I was using it. anyway, there's no real rhyme or reason, just don't get on it. and if you do get on it, then don't look at the number, that one little tool can make you go crazy, haha
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day too. I've learned not to worry to much about the fluctation. It's going to happen and it depends on SO many factors. TOM, sodium intake, whether or not I was in the sun all day, how much water I drank, if I had a snack at 8:30 pm, etc. So don't get too hung up on the number and try to remember that this is a lifestyle change, not a 'how fast can I get to a number' game.
  • mcgowa67
    Options
    Same thing here, Saturday is official, other days are for curiosity only!
  • susanofscottsdale
    Options
    my husband refuses to let me have a scale so whenever i go to my mom's house is the only time i'm near one

Seriously beautifulbrat, you cannot make this decision for yourself?
  • Like previous posters have said, it really is up to you and how you feel. I used to weigh myself daily and then weekly, but I still got waaay to caught up with the number. Some weeks I'd have a big 4 lb. loss, and then the next week I'd gain it all back and feel like I failed. These days, I try not to weigh myself more than once a MONTH! I know most people don't do this, but this is the only method that works for me. It makes me stick with a healthy eating style, and a consistent workout routine, because I don't have any numbers on a scale telling me what is and isn't right because I already know what is healthy.

Bottom line, do what works for you and keeps you motivated but don't let the numbers on the scale dictate how you feel. Stay strong. Stay focused. Stay healthy. =] (I just made that up...I like it...haha)
  • crobertson87
    crobertson87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice. I think I should try it this way for a while, then If it's not working for me after a couple of weeks, I'll go back to once a day. You guys are the best.