Track my Walking

I am starting to walk down my road and i was wanting to know how to keep track of it. I'm just starting off with a couple times a week then plan on moving up to more. how to i track my pace/ distance. I have a cardio trainer on my phone but im not sure how accurately it will work yet. My road has a lot of hills to it and i figured it would be effective. If anyone has any ideas on how i can keep track of this it would be greatly appreciated. thank you :D

Replies

• zta1989
    zta1989 Posts: 36 Member
    I have a tracking app on my iPhone and I don't fully trust it. Last week, I did a long walk (around 3.5 miles) and it didn't record all of the activity or distance even though it did it just fine the week before. I think a lot of the success of it depends on how well your phone hits the signals from the cell towers around you. I also wear a HRM and it showed a lot more calories burned than the app told me.
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    I use map my fitness. It is a free app on my phone. It's wonderful, It tells you your pace, time, how long your mile is, and your speed. You can also save your walks/rides/runs and compare them over time.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    I use the Runkeeper app and I love it. It will track everything for you.
  • momtimesone
    momtimesone Posts: 85 Member
    Heart rate monitor here and it tracks my speed,distance as far as miles and calories burned I only turn it on during my walks so I can track how I am doing
  • Where can i buy a HRM??
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    I love mapmyrun app!