Hello Fitness Pal Peeps!

Options
gamommy
gamommy Posts: 131 Member
I'm new to this community...but not so new to the idea of weight loss. I gained a lot of pounds when I was about 14 and have really just maintained it ever since. Maintaining weight has NEVER been an issue for me, losing it has been.

I just had my first child this year. I ended up being 10 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight after I had my child, and I have maintained it ever since.

I'm ready to start losing weight and becoming more healthy for myself and my child. I want to be the best mom I can. I want to feel great running around with my child and I want to establish great healthy habits.

My biggest problem is not in the choices of food I make, but rather my portion sizes. I usually eat until I feel full instead of eating until I am just satisfied. I'm also not a very active person, especially after having a child. I'm a single parent (working full time) and pretty much exhausted all of the time. My friends don't live close to me, so workout partners are slim to none.

Hoping to make some great friends on here and find the advice and motivation I need to becoming a healthier me! :)

Replies

• gamommy
    Options
    I'm new to this community...but not so new to the idea of weight loss. I gained a lot of pounds when I was about 14 and have really just maintained it ever since. Maintaining weight has NEVER been an issue for me, losing it has been.

I just had my first child this year. I ended up being 10 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight after I had my child, and I have maintained it ever since.

I'm ready to start losing weight and becoming more healthy for myself and my child. I want to be the best mom I can. I want to feel great running around with my child and I want to establish great healthy habits.

My biggest problem is not in the choices of food I make, but rather my portion sizes. I usually eat until I feel full instead of eating until I am just satisfied. I'm also not a very active person, especially after having a child. I'm a single parent (working full time) and pretty much exhausted all of the time. My friends don't live close to me, so workout partners are slim to none.

Hoping to make some great friends on here and find the advice and motivation I need to becoming a healthier me! :)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new baby & welcome to the boards! :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Great to have you here...Welcome:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I feel your pain!!

Though i haven't had a kid yet I'm tired of feeling tired and want to feel good about myself again.

This site has a lot of good people willing to help you every step of the way!!

As far as portion sizes, that was a tough one for me! Just eat multiple small meals throughout the day and that seems to help. I take a multi-vitamin too and that helps a little. Drink lots of water and cook just what you are going to eat. I even have my husband prepare my plate for me when i am feeling really hungry!

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help when needed!!
  • gamommy
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    I hear you on portion control! That's my biggest struggle too! I have to make sure I measure EVERYTHING because when I eyeball it, I tend to make the portions closer to what I want them to be. :blushing:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou: Glad you are here!:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary