I'm new at this

Options
Hello all my new buddies!!! I am just starting out today. I found this website so that I can track my food intake and exercise.
I am a mother of 4 and I weigh more now than I did when I was 9 months pregnant with my 4th child. HELP!!! I started dieting 13 days ago and bought a jogger stroller this morning to start exercising with my 2 year old. We did a 40 minute walk (20 uphill and 20 downhill) and it killed my shins. But, I MADE IT!!!
I really need adult support and a little motivation. This is the first time I have ever dieted in my whole life. I just let the pounds sneak up on me and now I am totally at a loss for words. My husband has been very nice about the whole weight gain thing, but I feel disgusting when I'm with him. I am doing this for him, but mostly for myself and my children. I want them to see their mommy and be proud of her, not embarrassed.
So- there's my story. I can't wait to meet all of you!!!

RC

Replies

• MrsBlaze
    Options
    Hello all my new buddies!!! I am just starting out today. I found this website so that I can track my food intake and exercise.
    I am a mother of 4 and I weigh more now than I did when I was 9 months pregnant with my 4th child. HELP!!! I started dieting 13 days ago and bought a jogger stroller this morning to start exercising with my 2 year old. We did a 40 minute walk (20 uphill and 20 downhill) and it killed my shins. But, I MADE IT!!!
    I really need adult support and a little motivation. This is the first time I have ever dieted in my whole life. I just let the pounds sneak up on me and now I am totally at a loss for words. My husband has been very nice about the whole weight gain thing, but I feel disgusting when I'm with him. I am doing this for him, but mostly for myself and my children. I want them to see their mommy and be proud of her, not embarrassed.
    So- there's my story. I can't wait to meet all of you!!!

RC
  • tattooed81
    Options
    :smile: Welcome! I'm fairly new here too but everyone here is extremrely supportive and helpful so make sure to blog and ask lots of questions.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hi RC:flowerforyou: Glad you've joined us...lots of great tools to help you along the way, awesome support system here and plenty of inspiration!

It's so important that you do this for YOU not anyone else...it will work if you place yourself first and your goals can then be met. Doing it for another never truly lasts:noway:

There's a great thread here for Stay at Home Mom's to offer one another support, inspiration, and some laughs along the way. Just watch for it in the threads and you'll come across it...It's a pretty active thread so it pops up near the top alot:bigsmile:

Welcome and congrats on getting out and excercising with the kiddos! YAY YOU:drinker: :bigsmile:

FC:heart:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, good luck on your weight loss journey.