Trying to lose those last pounds...

Options
HW: 180
CW: 140
GW:130

I only have 10 pounds to go and I will be at my first goal weight. I have been trying for months now. Anyone got some advice. I have been eating less, and jogging every now and then.

Replies

• richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi

If you could make your diary public it will help people give some more tailored answers based on your actual food intakes and exercise :smile:

Rich
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    No idea :( I am right there with you though.

SW192
    CW137
    GW122

Seems I am stuck forever
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    any small changes can have a big impact long term.
    - Make sure you are only drinking water or Tea.
    - Try Fasting during the day and eating at night (this works wonders once your body lets go of the water retension)
    - More Protien Less Carbs, breads snacks
    - Sweet tooth? try bitter choclate
    - No Startches such as Fries, potatoes and bannanas
    - Weight Train More, Cardio Less
    - Stretch 3 times a day and start your day out with Push ups and squats. Non-Isolated exercises do AMAZING things to metabolisims
    - Smile - you are doing great and positive attitude can do wonders. :)
  • AmandaCG
    AmandaCG Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My biggest advice is to just hang in there. The closer you get the harder it will be to get it off. More cardio, more fruits and veggies, more water. And don't by any means decrease your food intake. Move more instead.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The last few are definitely the hardest! Surprisingly a week off of major exercise helped me. Good luck.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    HW: 180
    CW: 140
    GW:130

I only have 10 pounds to go and I will be at my first goal weight. I have been trying for months now. Anyone got some advice. I have been eating less, and jogging every now and then.
    Lift some weights. Get that metabolism going..............
  • AmandaCG
    AmandaCG Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree more weights too. Its more about body composition at this point too, don't define your progress by a number.
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    I had been at a plateau for about a month, I had a break from school and the gym was closed, so I didn't have any major exercise for five days, after those five days I weighed in 2 LBS LESS than I was the week before. and it's stayed that way for the past 3 days.
    Also, you might want to up your calories, trick your metabolism into burning faster
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! Down to the 10 lb mark as of this morning!!!!! Add me if you'd like to encourage one another with the last 10 countdown!!!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough. Maybe add in some weight weight training. This is what I am doing.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I feel your pain! I'm stuck at the final 3 lbs currently. I think I'm going to add more strength training since I go way over on the cardio between Turbo Fire and marathon training. Good luck to all those trying to lose those last few pounds!
  • thatchocolatechic
    thatchocolatechic Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome you can do it!!!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I would try a "diet break" eat at maintenance for several days to a week. If you're leptin levels are low, your metabolism is most likely deminished. The diet break can rejuvenate your leptin levels and reset your metabolism. Then SLOWLY lower caloric intake to a reasonable caloric deficit such as 500-800kcal/day. Your body will resist losing those last few lbs of fat, it's known as "stubborn fat"