Where did you lose the weight from first?

Options
ms78
ms78 Posts: 37 Member
I'm wary of setting a goal weight because I don't know what I will look like when the weight comes off. I am the top end of a healthy BMI but my bum and hips are really big compared to the rest of me - I can't wear jeans because they just don't suit me so I always wear dresses or skirts. I also have a big chest but am not so worried about losing that! So my ideal weight might be in 10lbs time but it might also be in 20lbs time. Anyone else with the same problem?

Replies

• daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I lost first off waist and hips. Other measurements seemed to follow, but not to the same extent... but I'm newish (is 4 months still new?) so that's all my experience so far. I will be happy to lose some on top actually quite happy.
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    my waist is always the first thing to go when i loose weight, then my boobs then..... well thats about it really the rest of me is soooo stubborn, it never seems to shift
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Waist, boobs and love handles. In that order! My problem areas are thighs and arms and they're the hardest to move!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    boobies

Went from a G cup to a D cup
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    My legs/hips/butt/ some around my rib cage area
  • hannata86
    Options
    To an extent I suppose it will come off where a lot of it is... like if you hold weight on your bum it *should* be coming off there the most.

I've a lot of weight on my tum, and the first 2 stone was a lot off there. I have however lost in the strangest of places... like my feet, hands and face. I can now see some of the veins in my feet and discovered the varicose vein I had a suspiscion about :(

I havent lost on my boobs at all, I think they are the same, but they now look bigger with the rest of me being a tiddly bit smaller lol
  • Seagazer
    Options
    My waist without a doubt, and I am pleased about that as my circumference was shocking, but is getting more acceptable now !
  • MrsOMG
    MrsOMG Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm wary of setting a goal weight because I don't know what I will look like when the weight comes off. I am the top end of a healthy BMI but my bum and hips are really big compared to the rest of me - I can't wear jeans because they just don't suit me so I always wear dresses or skirts. I also have a big chest but am not so worried about losing that! So my ideal weight might be in 10lbs time but it might also be in 20lbs time. Anyone else with the same problem?

You sound same shape as me when I started, and as that is the place my fat seems to go it was fortunately the first place and most consistent place I have lost from! I have gone from an uncomfortable pear shape to a confidence boosting hourglass. I've lost 7lbs so far in 2 1/2 months which is slow but gained toning and muscle.

So far I have lost 3 inches from my hip area and only 1/2 inch from my bust, but with exercise it's looking firmer so very happy with results.

Good luck with your loss, if you mix cardio and calorie control you'll get the results you want healthily and steadily. :-)
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    We all lose weight from different areas first..........I know this may sound strange but I always lose weight or size from my arms and wrists .....I know I am losing weight because my watch strap has to be tightened up a couple of notches !
  • misslyssa319
    misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    my arm fat. i actually had muscle poking through before i saw a change on the scale.
  • lolainlondon
    lolainlondon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My torso was the first to reduce. My first "wow, I'm actually losing weight" moment was when I caught sight of myself in the mirror and there was a defined concave between my ribs. My thighs and *kitten* are still being a bit stubborn...
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I loose the weight from my boobs first!! I love having little boobs though so i dont mind... Ill go from a 34D to a 34A/B..... Love it!!! :-D
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My boobs are the first to go, and keep getting flatter! :( then eventually my tummy area...the hardest part for me to lose is my hip/thigh/butt area...but i am apple shape...so I guess that will never go away!!:sad:
  • kathyhaf1
    Options
    Ihave noticied a difference in my waist and booty first, which is good! But it's my thighs I'm waiting for. Seeing as I am pear shaped, this will be the last to go. However, I can tell a difference because my thighs seems more flabby, so I may be losing some there too?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!