helpful food

ukgirly01
ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
edited October 3 in Food and Nutrition
What foods have you found most helpful for sticking to your weight loss plan?
For me it's cous cous. Its just so quick throw a few veggies through it and either some meat/fish or cheese and dinner is made in about 10 mins plus the left overs are great for lunch the next day.

Replies

• driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    DEFINITELY beetroot!

I love it. I love the leaves, I love the taste, I love the way it makes you so full and all you have to put on it is some lemon.

Most of all I love how low in calories it is.

I'm going to turn purple soon, that's how much I love beetroot - it's the greatest replacement for my unhealthy addiction to potato. yum!
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    DEFINITELY beetroot!

I love it. I love the leaves, I love the taste, I love the way it makes you so full and all you have to put on it is some lemon.

I'm going to turn purple soon, that's how much I love beetroot - it's the greatest replacement for my unhealthy addiction to potato. yum!

oooh I bought some on a whim and I'm not quite sure what to do with it - do you boil it like a potato? You got any recipes/suggestions?? Many thanks xx
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mung beans, capsicum, chicken breast and multigrain bread! oh and cruskits, hummus and grapes too
  • driaxx
    (to lottycat):

pretty much! It's one of those foods you either love or hate. I eat it boiled with lemon most of the time but it also tastes great in a veggie sandwich. I read a recipe which said to put it in a veggie salad with some orange also! Sounds interesting but have yet to try that one! You can also bake it (haven't tried that either).

I usually just cut off the stems, wash it really well, peel it like a potato and then put it in a pot with water that covers the whole thing and bring it to boil until it's tender (usually about 10-15 minutes max. when cooked on high. You can cook it slower on a lower setting for 30-60 minutes but I want it on the go!)
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Oooh thankies, Sounds good, I'm gonna try it this weekend :) x
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    DEFINITELY beetroot!

your pee also turns purple
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Bulgar wheat, it's similar to cous cous but I find it fills me up more.
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Cheerios! I'm religious about eating breakfast now!
  • driaxx
    DEFINITELY beetroot!

your pee also turns purple

Hahah true. It's a small price to pay!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Fun size choccie bars! I get the fix i need, with less than 90 cals!
  • NoDairy
    NoDairy Posts: 88
    Sweet potato... I eat a big for lunch... Keeps me happy.
This discussion has been closed.