Feeling strange

Options
Hey last night after my dinner I came over all dizzy and sicky feeling, and today have woken up feeling all strange, and lightheaded and not feeling sick but like my breakfast is right up to my throat if u get me, like am really full, although my stomach is hungry, I had my breakfast at 820 and by920 I was hungry!!!! I also have been seeing stars if I stand up to quick, I know this is maybe blood pressure related, but do u think I am maybe not eating enough or something, I really want to loose weight so I don't really want to up my calories, and this week I have put on a lb!! :(

Replies

• Amandie02
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?? That could be the reason you are dizzy and hungry feeling.
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It could be fluctuations in your blood sugar? Try having smaller meals but more often?
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    People on MFP are not doctors, so my suggestion is that if you aren't feeling better and are really concern you should go see one if you have that opportunity.

Otherwise, I would also recommend drinking more water as dehydration can cause anything from dizziness to headaches. Also, if you are exercising hard, you definitely need to up your water intake, since you lose so much through sweating...
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Both of the first 2 posts are the most common reasons for dizziness. Another reason is low blood pressure. If eating smaller meals more often and increasing your water intake doesn't help you should have your blood pressure checked. I hope you feel better.
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    not drinking enough can cause dehydration which can result in a lower blood pressure (blood is made up of mostly water, so when you're not getting enough water your blood volume can decrease which results in lower pressure). check your bp and if it's lower than what you normally run, bump up your water intake and see if that helps. then call your doctor.
  • KavemanKarg
    Options
    Get medical advice not internet advice for issues like this.

Could be nothing, could be something. But what you are describing is not normal as a result of dieting.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would take a look at my calorie allowance.
  • fefe0201
    fefe0201 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks, I know MFP is not a replacement for a doctor I just thought that maybe someone may have experienced similar!! I don't drink alot never have only just coffee and maybe a small glass of juice with my dinner, so maybe that is where I should start, increasing my water. Someone told me I shouldn't diet if I am running has anyone heard that before ??
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I get that way when my iron is too low or when I'm super stressed and my BP is too high. Might want to check with your doc though, just to be safe. Of course, you could always try to go donate blood. It's a free way to get your BP and iron checked. They don't give exact iron readings, but their little machine thingy will tell them what your something level is (not iron, but it has to do with iron levels) and if its too low they won't let you donate. BUT you still get a T shirt and cookie. I did anyways. :-)