Just found out I'm pregnant :)

Options
Good morning y'all and TGIF!!! I just confirmed this morning that I'm expecting again :) totally a surprise pregnancy, not planned.

Anyway, I want to remain active with this pregnancy since this is A my 6th and B I'm 37 and C I just lost 47 lbs and I don't want them back...

My normal routine at the gym is cardio via the Arc trainer or the 30 minute circuit training area plus weights. Can I keep up with the arc trainer and weights, but tone it down on the circuit trainer?

I've never been active with my other pregnancies, so this is foreign to me.

Thanks for any info you can share. :) I'm currently 7 weeks along, got a while to go ;)

Replies

• angelinerstetzko
    Options
    Omg congrats!!! Best of luck keeping active! I know you can do it :)
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Oh congratulations. Im not sure what to advise on exercise - I havent got any kids. My friend is pregnant and does lots of walking, swimming and has a pregangy workout dvd.

Good luck xxxx
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's fantastic news. You can keep active but get some advice from your doctor. It is best not to start anything new or lift weights that are too heavy, but provided you are in good health and the doctor agrees there is no reason why you can't keep active. You may want to take it a little easier to start with and don't let yourself get out of breath. Good for you keeping active. :flowerforyou:

There will be certain exercises you should avoid but perhaps join a pilates for pregnancy class. That will keep you in fantastic shape :)
  • run_momma_run
    Options
    You might be able to do it all. I'd advise that you talk to your doctor and see what he/she thinks. If you get the green light to do it all, then just keep going!!

And congrats - what a busy household you've got!! :flowerforyou:
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow!! number 6!! Congrats! I just wanted to say you are awesome! I have three kids and whew! its a lot of work! they are such a blessing! Be safe working out and be healthy! Good luck with your pregnancy!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant, I ran 5k's 3 times a week until I was 36 weeks. I kept up with my lifting and my circuit training. I did yoga and pilates and I even took up kettlebell training. So yeah, you can keep it up as long as you doctor says you're okay to do so. And it's a good idea to start wearing a HRM so you don't get over heated.
  • jjrenn
    jjrenn Posts: 4
    Options
    Congratulations....there are a lot of pregnancy exercise DVD's so I'd try them. Also, just watch what you eat. I think you have to have more calories in a day when you're pregnant but still make sure you track them. I gained 50 lbs. with my daughter and 2 years later I am still trying to lose it. I'm going to have the same attitude as you when we have another child. Good luck!
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLM43MfqmoNina-dOvLDORSDIQBR17rlctUT1ugjnl07FdhytwPQ
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I would definitely consult your doctor for what works best for you. I will say that my neighbor was in the gym two weeks before she delivered. Wow.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is wonderful news! Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy! :flowerforyou:
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I know lots of people work out when their pregnant....I would speak to your DR. and let him know what you want to do. I'm sure things will have to be adjusted as you go along as well Good Luck!!
  • mrzpeep1
    mrzpeep1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!
    and you can totally do it!!

my friend that just had a baby stayed active and ate the calories she was supposed to (obviously she got to eat more but she didn't pig out!!) and she only gained 25 lbs with her pregnancy and is right off to losing it again after the baby was born.. the greatest thing is... she said she felt GREAT during her pregnancy when w/ her other kids / she didnt feel as great when she didn't eat healthy and still exercise (she did walking outside)

you can do it ! and congrats again!
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    there's a lady all over the news here in Australia for running a marathon 6 hours before delivery hahaa
    Yeah...
  • blarics11
    Options
    Yippie!!! Congrats!!! I believe that you can still do your normal workouts durring pregnancy. You just need to pay more attention to your body and listen when it tells you to slow down... and definitly talk to your doctor and see what s/he thinks is best :) Congrats again!
  • adezeray
    adezeray Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! I KNOW YOU WILL KEEP UP THE HARD WORK....
  • Sylvia_100711
    Options
    Congratulation....... Stay on the program with your doctor advise.......... You will have a beautiful pregnancy !!