30DS and?

Options
I just started doing 30 Day Shred three days ago, and while I understand that it incorporates cardio and strength, I still think I should run, strength etc. I want to start kickboxing as well. I was just wondering if it would be advisable to do all this at the same time, not really for the calorie burn but to up my fitness level. I'm still going to take at least one day off to relax and do my yoga/meditation. If I keep it in check, do you think I would burn out quick?

I want to get back up to two hours a day where I used to be. And I think just doing the workout dvd is taking it too easy on me without adding anything more. And I feel ready to start working out like this, moving back up to that level. Any thoughts?

Replies

• mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    If it feels good, do it. If not, stop. :wink:
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Before I started the shred, I was working out at Curves 4-5 times a week and doing 90 minutes+ of cardio daily. While doing the shred, I just didn't have the strength for all that, so I cut it down to 1-3 times at Curves and only about 45 minutes of daily cardio workouts. I still did great shredding those inches. :) I took rest days when I felt over tired; I would do a little more cardio if I felt like it. I just really listen to what my body tells me. There are days that I am absolutely starving, and I don't care if I'm on a 1220 calorie diet and only exercised off 600 calories-I eat over 2,000 because my body says do it. I just choose healthier foods to get those calories (usually).

Our bodies will tell us what they need if we just listen.