My Friday NSV...and it's 10 years in the making. =)

Options

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful day for you!!! Congrats!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Love your story!!! My Friday NSV??? I was able to complete C25K Week 6, Day 3....25 minute jog!!! Best part is...I still have enough energy to play tennis this morning!!!
  • alair1980
    alair1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's great!
    Mine was last night when I measured my hips and have taken just over an inch off in 3 weeks and 0.75 inches off my waist. The scales don't agree, but the tape measure is my new best friend!
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!! isnt it wonderful when you start to see the change you knew you could make?
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    :drinker: That is awesome!!! Love clothes NSV's!!! Keep up the great work!

My NSV is that I can finally see that my hips and thighs are finally going down and my legs are looking toned! :bigsmile:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!!! I loved it! I too, have the 'dreaded bag'... just last night I asked my husband about getting it out of the attic this weekend. I have a pair of American Eagle buttonfly jeans that I haven't wore in over 9 years. They were my first size 14's ever and I cried when I got into them, and then I cried when I couldn't wear them after I had my baby (he is now 8). I bet they fit now!!! Can't wait to try, especially after reading this! Have a wonderful day all!!!
  • mindfulmunching
    mindfulmunching Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You are my new hero! I loved reading that!!!:bigsmile:
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I love it when that happens. I went out of town for a whole week, eating bad stuff, but keeping some sense of portion control and lots of walking. Got back & I'd lost another 1/2 inch from my waist! Yay tape measure! Congrats on fitting in your old jeans!
  • elliemay63
    elliemay63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What a great story!!! I am down 17 pounds today and had to put a pair of shorts back in the closet - Why?! They were TOO BIG!!! Pulled them off without undoing the button or zipper!! Have a great day!!
  • mrsbrown2k1
    Options
    That is soooo awesome! I am soooo happy for you. Now all those clothes that are TOO BIG...go give them away now. Get them out of the house. Cuz you never want to wear them again. : )
  • wanderinggypsy
    Options
    I loved your story! Such a buildup of anticipation! And hysterical at that!

My Friday NSV is that I keep pushing myself to go to the gym after work instead of going home and taking a nap. Hopefully one of these days it won't be such a hard decision to make:)
  • SaraSatin
    SaraSatin Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I love Old Navy jeans, they're going to be my reward for hitting size 12 from my current 14-16-ish size. I have a bucket of clothing that is pants from just too small down to really too small, in size order so when I hit the bottom I'm in my smallest size. I have the same in shirts. It's my motivator!

My Friday NSV is that my pants I'm wearing now need to be washed and fully dried next time so they shrink a little. They're too big and I don't have a smaller pair for work that fit properly.

OH! And I actually got more than 4 hours of sleep last night! Thanks girls! :)
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Congrats!! You've worked hard and earned this awesome NSV =]

I don't have anything to share yet, as I'm just getting started.. but you are a true inspiration and motivation to stick to things for the long term~

You will soon be sharing - I am SURE of it!! Great successes in your start. The starting is the easy part... keeping motivated is where you need the strength and you have people here who are behind you. =)
  • dixiech1ck
    Options
    Thats such an awesome NSV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine today was getting half way to my goal :) xx

*HIGH 5's!!!* That is flippin' sweet!!!!
  • dixiech1ck
    Options
    You are awesome!!!

I had a Friday NSV today involving jeans too - even with my bloated belly I've got into a pair of size 12 - not been able to get near size 12 jeans for about 4 years.

Total congrats and hope it makes the weekend that more brilliant!

HOORAY FOR THE SMALLER JEANS WEARERS TODAY!! You go with your bad self!!
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    Awesome-ness!! Congrats too! This post totally made me SMILE! I felt the exact same way when I dug out my size 14s from the back of the closet, and they fit like a glove -- next thing you know, they're a baggy in the waist - had to throw them out and get new ones!! Best feeling EVER!
  • dixiech1ck
    Options
    Thats awesome....... Way to kick that bag in the sack.

HAHA.. your line is my favorite all day!! Thanks for making me totally laugh out loud... =)
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I know how it feels, just recently sorted all my clothes... tried everything on, and put two boxes of garage sale items together of clothes too big to wear... and clothes that never fit right even when brand new now are too big... it is exciting... I am looking forward to getting into my amazing skirts and even my shoes.... it takes time...

but congrats
  • dixiech1ck
    Options
    Love your story!!! My Friday NSV??? I was able to complete C25K Week 6, Day 3....25 minute jog!!! Best part is...I still have enough energy to play tennis this morning!!!

YES!! I love having more energy!! That is freaking terrific... you keep at it!!! BTW.. totally love running, myself. And I just discovered Zumba. OH boy.. those moves don't know what's coming!!! =)
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I found a bunch of clothes under my bed in a bag marked "Will fit in -- EVENTUALLY."

I hated that bag. I'd curse it every time I cleaned and had to pull things from under the bed. I'd kick it. I'd stick my tongue out at it and give it the almighty middle finger. I felt like that bag sat there and laughed at me. Laughed because it knew that EVENTUALLY written in sharpie on some tape would sit there forever.

Then I met MFP. And oh.. did we become fast friends. I must admit, I used MFP as a crutch to get me through some bad days, celebrate the good days and meet people who are like-minded as myself, looking to shed these horrible lbs. that invade our lives.

Then it happened.

I OPENED THE BAG.

*GASP*

I did. I did.. I opened THE bag. And what did I find? Clothes in sizes 12 and 14. But wait, I'm an 18, no way I'm fitting into these. The scale says I dropped 18 lbs though. Go ahead Ang.. go ahead.. just put one on.

But what if they laugh at me??

You are SO silly.. clothes can't laugh at you.

Oh yeah?? You go into a fitting room and see how clothes mock YOU in the mirror.. belly rolls here, side handles there, back fat.. BLEGH!

So... I pulled out my Old Navy jeans... size *gulps* 14... from 2001. Yep.. from COLLEGE!! Slowly, I pulled them up.. up the calves.. up the thighs.. WAIT, WAIT, WAIT.. this can't be happening!! They are actually going OVER my thighs??? WHAT?!?!?

Up, over the rear... wait.. the booty?! YES, THE BOOTY?? Pulling both sides of the materials across my belly, I grabbed the metal button and, not even needing to tug or suck in, slipped it through the button hole, pulled on the zipper ever so slightly and....

**BAM**

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! The first of many, I hope... those size 14's never looked SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!

And they are on my fine looking boo-tay as I type. So to my friends, I say THANK YOU for pushing me!!! And to my haters and the doubters I know in my life, I say THANK YOU MORE for pushing me harder to get where I am and to go 78 pounds further in my quest. I'm not backing down now. Nope, not gonna happen.

Life. Is. Good.

What is YOUR Friday NSV?? Tell me tell me tell me! Let's celebrate this milestone TOGETHER!!

Angie

Absolutely AWESOME! Congrats. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!