Any Ideas???

Options
HELP! I need to stay motivated to keep on track. I am finding that by early afternoon I am starving and want to eat anything in site! I've tried to eat more filling "snacks" but I always end up going over carbs or proteins. Does anyone have any tips or tricks they use to keep these numbers down and not feel like you're starving yourself?!

Replies

• tlautt
    tlautt Posts: 3
    Options
    HELP! I need to stay motivated to keep on track. I am finding that by early afternoon I am starving and want to eat anything in site! I've tried to eat more filling "snacks" but I always end up going over carbs or proteins. Does anyone have any tips or tricks they use to keep these numbers down and not feel like you're starving yourself?!
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options

Eat more often, smaller portions, drink lots of water...?
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Make your snacks and meals even or close to even calories. It takes some getting used to but really helps keep hunger away. Also make sure your snacks are high fiber like an apple or some kashi cereal. That will help you feel fuller longer. Peanut butter and baby carrots really fills me up- 1tbsp PB and 10 baby carrots. :drinker:

Amy
  • TigerButterfly
    Options
    Try to eat every 3 hours (Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack (optional))!
    Drink plenty of water and I personally love oolong tea, I feel like it supresses my appetite a little and I really like it. ( I got mine at Amazon) It is almost like Green Tea, but without the grass taste! I put always a little bit of milk in it to make it taste a bit smoother.

Hope this helps!
  • Dytari
    Dytari Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    cream of wheat, popcorn with hot sauce, and 25 cal pack of hot chocolate are my standards to ward off the hunger, that and a bowl of hot wheat squares. :ohwell:
  • jelee18
    jelee18 Posts: 46
    Options
    I prefer looking at a horribly unflattering picture of myself... or flipping through the bikini ads - reminds me of how I'll feel when summer rolls around ;-)
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just eat more often, and small portions. I get hungry every 2 or so hours, but that is when it is time to eat! I have a problem hitting my calories, fats, and protiens...i snack on fruit, string cheese, and veges.. those are soo low in calories, but so filling
  • michelleisfit
    michelleisfit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When I feel hungry I make myself a cup of peppermint tea. It's so hot and takes a long time to drink so that usually does the trick until it's actually time for a snack or a meal.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    I eat six times per day as a rule but they aren't huge "meals" dinner is usually big but it fits in with my diet budget. I suffer from hunger when I get home from work and what has really been killing it is Ill take a plain quaker rice cake and put 1/8 cup of pace medium chunky salsa on it, it's really good and kills the hunger pangs until dinner... plus if you're like me then you need the calories anyways... I always have a hard time eating all my cals.
  • Kimlane70
    Kimlane70 Posts: 117
    Options
    the green tea idea is a good one and since most of us don't have time to drink 6 cups a day....i take a green tea plus hoodia supplement. it aides your weightloss efforts and is a wonderful antioxidant for our bodies.