Relatively new

I started this site 5 days ago thanks to a recommendation from a frienx at work, who shall remain nameless but I am much obliged to her for telling me of this site. Using the calorie counter has really helped me realize that if I don't stop controlling how much I eat I'll end up dead. And it's helped me start exercising on a regular basis. Due to back surgery I have to start slow, just brisk walking right now, but it really is starting to feel good. I have decided not to keep track of weight. Although weight loss is a goal, my main goal is trying to get healthy. I am very glad this fitness tool exists.

Replies

• Srbrosseau
    Srbrosseau Posts: 58 Member
    That's awesome! It's great that you've set a goal that you're working toward.

However, don't discount weight loss. The more weight you lose, the more exercise you can safely do. Then you'll start getting in shape really quickly.

Just keep doing what exercise you can, track calories, and get fit!
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    sometimes it is good to start out slow. But if you have a goal, you need to make steps towards that goal. Mini goals will help. And if you set a time frame, it can be adjusted along the way. Good Luck!