My NSV has nothing to do with me!!

Options
Well, I am happy to report that my NSV is the fact that my husband, this week, also joined MFP! I am so pleased that my entire family at home is using this great tool and are together with me on this journey. The downside.......................we are all fighting to get the time on the computer to log in our food! I guess that's the price I will gladly pay to have a healthy family!! Thank you MFP!

Replies

• qwills2cats
    qwills2cats Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's great. Having your spouse on the journey makes every step easier.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! My husband does not really support me and always says stuff like, "you're just going to diet for a few weeks...." now that I"m going into month 2 of eating healthy and exercising, I noticed he is taking a look when we sit down for dinner to what I'm eating vs. what he's eating. Last night I made a wonderful eggplant dish - total veggies - and he had already eaten and as I was mixing my roasted eggplant up with my other veggies, he requested some too!!

It would be wonderful to have the husband on board! My little one also likes/prefers to eat whatever I'm having over what his idolized daddy is having!!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! My husband does not really support me and always says stuff like, "you're just going to diet for a few weeks...." now that I"m going into month 2 of eating healthy and exercising, I noticed he is taking a look when we sit down for dinner to what I'm eating vs. what he's eating. Last night I made a wonderful eggplant dish - total veggies - and he had already eaten and as I was mixing my roasted eggplant up with my other veggies, he requested some too!!

It would be wonderful to have the husband on board! My little one also likes/prefers to eat whatever I'm having over what his idolized daddy is having!!

I actually had my husband view the profile and diaries of some of my MFP friends that are male(they are huge inspirations and motivators for me so I knew they could be for him) and also had him see some before and after posts from men who have posted - I think he just thought it was something my daughter and I would use but not for him - once he saw real men were eating real food (but healthy choices) and were losing weight, he jumped on board.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That's great!! My husband is not overweight by any means but does have a beer belly. He always has his mom bring back custom tailored dress slacks from India when she comes (they are much cheaper and customized). All the pants she brought last fall are super tight on him now!! She comes back tomorrow and we were measuring him for new pants and he kept trying to use the same old measurements! I was like "uhhhh I think you need to go a little bit bigger -- your pants are really tight!" LOL
    He finally gave in and realized I was right! It was kind of funny cause you know if he ever told me my pants were too tight, that would not bode well for him!!! lol
  • stupidthick5150
    Options
    that's awesome :) I wish I had as much support as you
  • teenagedream1112
    Options
    yay! your a great inspiration!!!:smile:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic - I wish I could get my mom to do it, but she has no desire. My boyfriend is already in awesome shape, so he helps me. I would definitely say this is a great NSV.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I got my husband hooked on MFP too. I never thought he would be looking at calories and figuring out how many he had left for the day. He used to tease me and now he does the same thing!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

I actually had my husband view the profile and diaries of some of my MFP friends that are male(they are huge inspirations and motivators for me so I knew they could be for him) and also had him see some before and after posts from men who have posted - I think he just thought it was something my daughter and I would use but not for him - once he saw real men were eating real food (but healthy choices) and were losing weight, he jumped on board.

So cool!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Thats so cool!!! Congrats!! I hope your husband loved MFP as much as most of us do.

I actually would like to defriend my boyfriend because he stopped using it and he is the only one of my friends in the red.
  • javajunki
    Options
    My Dear Wife started on here about a month before I did.
    Watching her (and helping) keep track of what she was eating kinda woke
    me up to portion sizes and fat/calorie values. I joined and am making slow steady
    progress. I give her the credit for getting me started. Having the household involved
    makes it easier, I know I wouldn't do it on my own.
    I just wish we could copy/paste from one person's meal to the other.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I doubt I could get mine on here...but he's incredibly supportive, always complimenting me for my hard work and saying he's proud...he's even trying to dress me now...LOL, and saving up new wardrobe money for when I hit my goal and am ready to shop (won't be long),

However, he's right there with helping on the food issue. We make our healthy grocery lists (no junk food in the house), and we both cook, but we always make healthy low calorie meals. My heart goes out to those who are struggling with unsupportive partners!

Great job getting your family on board!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!