WOMEN! We actually need more calories during "certain times

Options
13»

Replies

• talkin77
    Options
    Thanks to original poster. I thought the responses were really rude too! I can understand why you wouldn't want to come back, I won't be either. It's called Trolling, it's what folks who don't have a life do.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I get cravings right before that TOM, I usually post them on my profile page too haha. Usually for chocolate or ice cream- and I always have them! I always log them too and make sure I leave adequate room in my food diary for a splurge.

Exercise has been shown to help reduce cramps as well, so if I exercise and earn more cals plus reduce cramps, it's a win-win! I just don't see the little bit of metabolism boost to be enough to go over my calories for the day, especially since you really don't know how much more you are/aren't burning during that time. I'd rather bank the 150ish cals and put it toward my weight loss.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Thanks to original poster. I thought the responses were really rude too! I can understand why you wouldn't want to come back, I won't be either. It's called Trolling, it's what folks who don't have a life do.

And what would you use as term for someone dredging for really old posts to drag back out?
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Everyone is always looking for some excuse/justification for eating more calories. Well, go ahead, eat all the calories you want. But don't wring your hands and furrow your brow when your weight loss stalls and stops. You want to lose weight, use math. If you want to try to lawyer math into allowing you to lose weight without a calorie deficit, you won't win.
  • aggieanne04
    aggieanne04 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    All I know is that eating a big, well-balanced meal (with beef!) always helps bring my period on when it seems to be dragging its feet. It relieves cramps and helps get things moving!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the articles so we can read the information from your source. :) I'll be sure to check these out later.
  • nephalime
    nephalime Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I get cravings before and during my PMS. i usually go for chocolate or junk food. Can't help myself. Pretty sure a yogourt wouldn't satisfy me but i'll give it a try :)

thanks for sharing
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the comments but that could explain why I'm always hungrier at that time of the month (and I'm not talking cravings - I just get really hungry). I still try to stay under my goal though... just make better choices.
  • mybelovedrebel
    mybelovedrebel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I seem to need more calories before my period to make me feel more satisfied but also more exercise before my period to hold the cramps at bay. Since I only really care about net calories not just ingested calories this has never troubled me. Do what your body says makes you happy.