Crystal Light adding pounds?

Options
When I started I did no Crystal Light and just drank water. I swtiched to alot of CC and I swear I am gaining weight...Its not doing what water does..or is it in my head? I also noticed I have benn having alot more slip ups in food.

Replies

• coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    When I started I did no Crystal Light and just drank water. I swtiched to alot of CC and I swear I am gaining weight...Its not doing what water does..or is it in my head? I also noticed I have benn having alot more slip ups in food.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I drink water all day, and crystal light with dinner. It does have calories in it, but not many. It depends how much you are drinking.
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    I wouldn't tend to think it was the crystal light causing you to not lose weight. Really be honest with yourself and input everything you are eating and drinking (if it contains calories) into your food diary on MFP. You will probably find you are either going over in your calories, or eating the wrong types of foods and going over in sodium, fat, sugar, etc...

Hope this helps and good luck! Keep at it!

Oh, and keep chugging the water! Stay hydrated!

109912.png
  • MattySparky
    Options
    yeah theres no way, even if you drank crystal light all day long it's only got max 10 cals in the singles packs which can make almost 1 litre of water taste great (despite what they say on the package - 500ml). I also drink water all day and I drink crystal light with dinner and sometimes finish whats left before I leave for work in the morning. I would tend to agree with entering in everything even if the truth hurts about how much you are eating, it's the only way you can really monitor what's going in. Good luck to you though, you can do it and the biggest thing is not to get discouraged.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    It's the artificial sugars in the drinks that can cause a person problems, the ones you mentioned, cravings etc. some retain salts..various other things members have mentioned.

Lots and lots of posts and thoughts on the matter in the archives on MFP to take a look at!:flowerforyou: Water is pure plain old water.. many articles on the effects of fake sugars etc. on the web as well.

FC:heart:
  • jkilgrow
    Options
    I think it really depends upon the *kind* of crystal lite you are drinking. I have noticed that a lot of the crystal lite flavors are "tea" which probably contain caffeine. I am sensitive to caffeine. If I have too much, my weight loss stops and will, eventually, reverse if I have too much. Also, I notice that when I have too much caffeine, my cravings are worse. You may be sensitive to the caffeine. Try sugar-free kool-aid instead. Avoid caffeine and not artificial sweeteners for a week and see how you feel.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends upon the *kind* of crystal lite you are drinking. I have noticed that a lot of the crystal lite flavors are "tea" which probably contain caffeine. I am sensitive to caffeine. If I have too much, my weight loss stops and will, eventually, reverse if I have too much. Also, I notice that when I have too much caffeine, my cravings are worse. You may be sensitive to the caffeine. Try sugar-free kool-aid instead. Avoid caffeine and not artificial sweeteners for a week and see how you feel.
    Good idea!:wink: To narrow it down and see which one might be effecting you more:drinker: :happy:
  • Go_Duke
    Go_Duke Posts: 66
    Options
    that is one of the biggest topics on artificial sweeteners is that it does cause cravings

try cutting it out for a week and see if you lose or still gain, have yourself a little scientific experiment :P and let us all know :P:drinker: <--water *no Crystal light :P