Newbie.....

Options
Well I downloaded this app yesterday, can't even remember how I heard about it, but glad I did. At the heaviest in my life, and plan on losing 100 lbs. Nice even number. Going back to my military weight. 42 so the pounds won't drop as easily as they did the last time, and excercise will be limited starting off, as I've had a couple back surgeries. My main motivation for being here, is I signed up for a Tough Mudder competition next weekend back in the spring, I've had all summer to train for it, and I did nothing, actually probably gained another 15 pounds, by drinking too much beer. I'm embarrassed that I won't be able to do this run, as the money goes to the Wounded Warrior Project. My wife however, will be running it, and I'm very proud of her for the weight she has lost over the last year. Time for me to step up for myself, and to show my son, that his dad wasn't always, and doesn't have to be fat.

Replies

• cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Welcome, MFP has been a big help for me getting where I wanted to be.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I wanted to do a tough mudder...but I was too scared to even sign up. The running part REALLY intimidates me. Kuods to your wife. And I have no doubt you'll get there soon too!