Calories burned waitressing

Options
How many calories do you think you burn being a waitress/waiter? I'm on my feet running around for five hour shifts with no breaks. I feel like I've done a workout after a shift. My legs hurt and I just want to sit down. I can never be bothered working out after work.

Christina

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Have you changed your lifestyle to "active"?
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    The activity multiplier on this website isn't very reliable, so yeah, set your activity level to active. I actually have a textbook on this stuff and says that restaurant work is considered light activity. But on this website, light activity is too low. I use to work in a restaurant too (FOH manager).
  • Breadoholic
    Breadoholic Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The activity multiplier on this website isn't very reliable, so yeah, set your activity level to active. I actually have a textbook on this stuff and says that restaurant work is considered light activity. But on this website, light activity is too low. I use to work in a restaurant too (FOH manager).

Light activity? It's feels moderate to me... especially in 41 degree heat (which is like 106 degrees fahrenheit)!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you think you burn being a waitress/waiter? I'm on my feet running around for five hour shifts with no breaks. I feel like I've done a workout after a shift. My legs hurt and I just want to sit down. I can never be bothered working out after work.

Christina
    If it's everyday work, you don't count it as exercise. You should change your lifestyle profile to active.
  • Breadoholic
    Breadoholic Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Christina
    If it's everyday work, you don't count it as exercise. You should change your lifestyle profile to active.

Yeah I have, but I was just wondering in general how many calories... I'm always tired after work.