Gym quircks you have

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
I MUST bring my water bottle, mostly filled with ice.

Otherwise I drink too much of it and halfway through my cardio I have to fill it up again, sometimes making me chose to end cadio session

Also...I rap along with Jay-Z, lil Wayne and Emimen

which, is funny

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I always take a pee break midway through my workout.

I drink lots of water, and it's a nice breather after a few excercises.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    i set up the treadmill...my iphone where i can see if i get a call since i am on call 24/7, my old iphone now just an ipod with my earphones plugged in....towel hanging over the rail...my backpack right to the side of the treadmill so no one can get it...i see whats on tv , just something to watch...talk myself out of time or set distance...earphones in....lately its the new jayz/kanye cd...speed set, towel over display...mouth along to whatever song comes on .......get lost in the music...
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    i set up the treadmill...my iphone where i can see if i get a call since i am on call 24/7, my old iphone now just an ipod with my earphones plugged in....towel hanging over the rail...my backpack right to the side of the treadmill so no one can get it...i see whats on tv , just something to watch...talk myself out of time or set distance...earphones in....lately its the new jayz/kanye cd...speed set, towel over display...mouth along to whatever song comes on .......get lost in the music...
    Aside from a few small things, that's me exactly. :)
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I have to use a particular machine (only 2 available) for my cardio workout. If one of them isn't open when I get there, I sign up for the next available slot then go hit the weights.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I pick my locker number based on my weight. I like #127. It's nice and roomy. 128 and 129 were half-lockers.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I have to use a particular machine (only 2 available) for my cardio workout. If one of them isn't open when I get there, I sign up for the next available slot then go hit the weights.

I freak out if all the Cybex's are being used.

Throw a lot of dirty looks.... then sulk over to the bike.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Always have to have my weight lifting belt, straps, and any other wraps (for really heavy, heavy lifting) with me. I adjust the plates evenly on both sides of the racks on whatever bench or weight loading machine (usually HAMMER) I use.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I pee in the showers.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I pee in the showers.

That is a very environmentally-friendly thing to do. Thank you for saving the planet, one piss at a time.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I pick my locker number based on my weight. I like #127. It's nice and roomy. 128 and 129 were half-lockers.
    I do this too! :laugh:
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

I freak out if all the Cybex's are being used.

Throw a lot of dirty looks.... then sulk over to the bike.

It is extra irritating when I check the book and the machine isn't even signed in. There was a woman on one of the machines for at least an hour (30 minute maximum rule) on Monday. She wasn't even signed in for the first 30 minutes. I just met this woman last weekend at my daughter's birthday party. Yep, she was the mom of one of my daughter's friend. A reminder of why I don't make a fuss about the rule breakers.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I pee in the showers.

I *kitten* in them.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Me too, it always has to be the left-most of either two rows of treadmills. I think they're nearer to the air con outlets. And the sweaty guys lifting heavy weights!

I always leave part of the strap of my rucksack hanging out of the locker so I can find it easily when I come out of the shower without my glasses on.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I pee in the showers.
    That is a very environmentally-friendly thing to do. Thank you for saving the planet, one piss at a time.
    Also acts as an antiseptic, helping to kill any foot fungus.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I pee in the showers.
    I *kitten* in them.
    You're gonna clog the drains, dude.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i imagine there's a sybian below me when i do squats.
    i find it helps me engage the glutes more, thereby getting a much more effective workout.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    i find it helps me engage the glutes more, thereby getting a much more effective workout.

*faints*
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    *faints*
    Then, picks himself up to hit the showers.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I have my workout plan and my peri-workout drink with me religiously. I'm pretty regimented in my routines and get really irritated if somebody gets in the way, especially if they don't even know what they're doing or doing some nonsense like curling in the power racks or using our one parallel dip station and they do some awful variation of a dip.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

Holy effing crap...faints next to SSR