30 Day shred!

Options
Hey I have a question for everyone. I just got my dvd in the mail yesterday so i'm starting tonight. I usually will use 8 or 10 lbs at the gym but it says 3 lbs weights? For anyone who has tried the 30 Day Shred will I be okay going and buying 5 lbs or do I need 3 lbs?

Replies

• galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have always used the 5 lbs weights with it...I would not go any heavier though.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i use 5 pounds and always have. some exercises are tough but i modify them if necessary. you don't need 3 pounders.
  • CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I bought 5 pounds but there are places where in the beginning, that was almost too much. It's not the weight so much as the number of repetitions! GOOD LUCK!
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I started last night! I used 5 and they are tough (for me) but doable. If your used to heavier, 5 lbs will be fine. I think 3 was too light. Guess I need a 4lb, haha!
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I even use 10 pounders for some of the exercises.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Hey I have a question for everyone. I just got my dvd in the mail yesterday so i'm starting tonight. I usually will use 8 or 10 lbs at the gym but it says 3 lbs weights? For anyone who has tried the 30 Day Shred will I be okay going and buying 5 lbs or do I need 3 lbs?

I've started with 10lbs weight, it was doable but VERY hard. I went and bought the 5lbs and they seem a little light but I can get through the workout while giving 110% now.
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I usually use 5-8 lb weights, but I find 5 lbs to be too hard sometimes with 30 DS. I started this week and expect that to get better. I can make it through, but I often wish I had 3 pounders to start with.
  • HazelElfwand
    Options
    I consider myself fairly strong and I can't use the 10 lb weights (maybe for one exercise total!) I would stick to 3 or 5s. You also want to make sure you're doing the exercises properly and not straining your back by using weights that are too heavy
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i did it with threes the first time around, then did it again with fives. i'm sure you would be perfectly fine with 5s.
  • StephW1990
    Options
    Im doing it at the mo and use 3lb weights. It's a struggle too as you feel the burn ! So im guessing with a heavier weight it would be a lot more difficult to do. Even if you just used a couple of soup cans from the cupboard to start off and work your way up to the 5lbs :)
  • evans72002
    evans72002 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just started Monday and I forgot my weights so I did without and I was still sore the next day. I've used 2 lb weights the other days and I am going to work up to 5's. It is an awesome workout!
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I have tennis elbow in my left arm and a bad rotator cuff on my right arm, so I used 3 for most of my shred. I would do 5 pounders for a few of the movements that didn't bother either injury, but mostly I had to stick to the 3 pounds.

I still lost 1 inch in each arm in addition to the seven total inches off my abdomen/stomach.
  • lucky723
    Options
    Thank You all so so much!!!! You all have been a huge help. I'm so excited to start it tonight!!