Chicken Burger - Thank you Chimpoco!!

Options
porka29
porka29 Posts: 868 Member
First and foremost, I wanted to thank Chimpoco for the tip on putting oats into the mix as opposed to bread crumbs!!! Your turkey balls inspired my chicken burger tonight!

Makes two large burgers
8 oz of ground chicken breast
2 tbsp egg beaters
1/3 cup quaker oats
1/8 cup of mushrooms
1/8 cup of green pepper
1/8 cup of yellow onion
1 tbsp of onion soup mix
1/4 cup canned spinach

Mix up the ingredients, add no-salt seasoning and some minced garlic for extra taste. Form into two large chicken burgers and put into pan coated with cooking spray. I cover mine to ensure they cook all the way through and prevent burning on medium heat.

I put both on two slices of Natures Own Light (40 cal each) wheat bread with one side having a wedge of Light Swiss Laughing Cow Cheese. The initial 8 oz didn't look like that much for two burgers until I put all the veggies, then it was more than enough, my entire house smells like a chicken burger! :love: While I put this into my dinner diary, I used other veggies as our add ons, so the conversion was not so bad. I hope you enjoy!:drinker:

Replies

• porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, I wanted to thank Chimpoco for the tip on putting oats into the mix as opposed to bread crumbs!!! Your turkey balls inspired my chicken burger tonight!

Makes two large burgers
    8 oz of ground chicken breast
    2 tbsp egg beaters
    1/3 cup quaker oats
    1/8 cup of mushrooms
    1/8 cup of green pepper
    1/8 cup of yellow onion
    1 tbsp of onion soup mix
    1/4 cup canned spinach

Mix up the ingredients, add no-salt seasoning and some minced garlic for extra taste. Form into two large chicken burgers and put into pan coated with cooking spray. I cover mine to ensure they cook all the way through and prevent burning on medium heat.

I put both on two slices of Natures Own Light (40 cal each) wheat bread with one side having a wedge of Light Swiss Laughing Cow Cheese. The initial 8 oz didn't look like that much for two burgers until I put all the veggies, then it was more than enough, my entire house smells like a chicken burger! :love: While I put this into my dinner diary, I used other veggies as our add ons, so the conversion was not so bad. I hope you enjoy!:drinker:
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    This sounds so good. The mushrooms are a great addition. I'm glad I could be an inspiration.:blushing: I'm definately going to try this out.