When you can't find an item in the MFP database?

Options
Where do you go? What do you do?
I don't like guessing so I find that calorie king has been a good tool to use with MFP. Any other good sites or tricks for when you just can't find a food?

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I use Dietfacts.com or the restaurant's website if they offer the nutritional values. Also I do put things into the database that aren't there. Like I just input a hot cocoa mix because it wasn't in the database before.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    google. And if I can't find it, but I have an idea of how many cals it might be (like maybe 90 cals), I will quick add 120 cals or something to be safe. Time doesn't always permit searching... :)
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to add it. I often refer to nutritiondata.com.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    if its something i have the nutrition info for, i add it myself. if i dont have it i use calorieking.com ..(or google, on the rare occasion CK doesnt have what im lookin for)
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I guess the next best thing sometimes.

The grocery store sushi selection seems to be completely lacking. And also bread you buy from grocery store bakeries.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    If it's a packaged food and I have the nutrition info, I'll add it. For prepared foods, I will either find a very close substitute (like, a different restaurant's burger) or add the constituent parts (1/2 lbs patty, bun, cheese, etc.)
  • JoHo57
    JoHo57 Posts: 31
    Options
    I am good at adding calories for any food not in the MFP database. It is just a matter of using a calculator...but this new food has stumped me! It is a Russian chocolate with vodka in the center. There are small and give me that Choco rush I need every once in awhile. If you read Russian or can help me in any other way with this, let me know.