Support Groups - which to choose?

Options
Hi guys, I'm looking to join a support group, but wherever I go they seem to be closed or have many parts to them and don't know where to start looking.

I'm having extreme difficulty losing weight and getting motivated to workout. I do well when I'm at work, but as soon as I get home, I seem to sabotage myself with huge portions at supper and not wanting to work out. My boyfriend is trying to help me with this, but he's a snack-a-holic. He's trying to hide all his goodies from me so I don't get tempted.

Anyway, I'm a little off track. I'm looking for a group, or even an individual to help me stay accountable. Someone who's willing to email me or BBM me asking me how I'm doing. I want to do this, I really do! but some old habits are really hard to break.

I am open to friend requests and people willing to kick my *kitten*! LOL

Replies

• Megan5683
    Megan5683 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Glad i'm not the only one this happens to lol

We should start our own group or something.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi... I would be happy to help you stay accountable... I am on here daily, so feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    How much do you need to lose? I'm currently in a support group called TOPIC: Need to lose 100 lbs. or more? Lets start a group. Anyone can join at any time. All you need to do is post.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    There are lots of groups out there but you are always free to start your own group. My advice is find something about yourself and your weight loss goals and start a group based on that. For example I am part of a group that is for girls who are or have been over 200 pounds and we are all different ages. I have also been part of groups for women in their 40's. Just some thoughts. It is just a matter of you finding some sort of goals with other like minded people and starting a group there.
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am currently looking to lose 100 pounds. I am 28 years old, divorced, no kids, have a great job as a web and graphic designer.

I currently am signed up at Curves (don't mind it, but looking for something a little more challenging). I have a Zumba video, along with Biggest Loser Bootcamp and Beginner Bellydancing.

I'm up for starting a Biggest Loser Bootcamp group if anyone is interested.