Workout DVD's

Options
Ok, so most of my workouts come from workout dvd's. I've done Jillian and I do like those but I'm not burning enough calories anymore and I'm a little bored with those at the moment. Can anyone suggest some good cardio focused fitness dvd's that are more than 30 minutes (45 - 60)? I am also trying to build endurance in my workouts if that makes a difference. On a side note I do strength training twice a week with a trainer so that's why I'm looking for something that is primarily cardio.

Thanks!!

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Turbo Fire or Insanity, hands down.
  • lifeisadancefloor
    lifeisadancefloor Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire!! Those videos are awesome, some short videos and some long ones!
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    taebo- 'this is taebo' its about 40ish mins and really hard lol.
  • lnorwood81
    Options
    Turbo Fire is awesome!
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Insanity and Insanity: Asylum

Diana
  • mtbke5
    mtbke5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper's new series is really great. You can purchase them separately or together. There is Pure Cardio, Pure Burn, Yoga for the Warrior and Bob's Workout (a combo).

Otherwise Insanity.
  • tonid76
    tonid76 Posts: 51
    Options
    You might think I'm crazy but I play Just Dance & Zumba Fitness on the Xbox360 Kinect....and I wear my heart rate monitor and I burn SOOOOOO many calories! I highly recommend the the xbox kinect and a HRM!! You'll be surprised how many calories you'll burn just playing a game! I'm talking 600+ in 45 mins!!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is an awesome workout! :)
  • MelissaJ6807
    Options
    Bob Harper's Inside Out Method has 2 workouts on each DVD. 1 that is short and one that is long. He has Cardio, Yoga, and Weights.
  • MrsWagz
    MrsWagz Posts: 41
    Options
    I am completely in love with TurboFire!! It's a great program for cardio junkies who want to push through a plateau. I am a total cardio freak and this is the most amazing program I've ever done. I burn between 500-600 cals an hour (I have a bodybugg)-- If you have any questions about it please let me know!! God Bless :)
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was thinking about Turbo Fire but wanted some other ideas because I know Turbo is a little expensive. Just want to make sure I'm getting the right program for me. :bigsmile:

I did check out Bob Harper (just reading on Amazon); not sure about him though. I hadn't really heard of him before.

tonid76 - I actually have Zumba for Wii and I do it every once in a while. Just was looking for something else. Thanks!
  • dontletmegetme
    Options
    I've been doing 10 minute solution workouts. Each dvd consists of 5 different workouts, all of them being 10 minutes each. It's great for when you're on the go or if you have the time, you can get a 50 minute workout. I'm still pretty sure from the Kickbox Bootcamp workout. Also, if anyone has Netflix Instant Play a few of them are on there. It's great!
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Banish fat boost metabolism. Another goody by jillian and a great cardio workout. Or the Shape 400 calorie workout dvd.
  • dontletmegetme
    Options
    You might think I'm crazy but I play Just Dance & Zumba Fitness on the Xbox360 Kinect....and I wear my heart rate monitor and I burn SOOOOOO many calories! I highly recommend the the xbox kinect and a HRM!! You'll be surprised how many calories you'll burn just playing a game! I'm talking 600+ in 45 mins!!

One of my favorite ways to workout! I play a lot of DDR, and time flies by while I'm playing.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    cathe freidrich dvds all of them are great
  • bcatalano89
    Options
    turbo fire! turbo fire!! turbo fire!!! it is amazing and so much fun, even when your legs feel like jello.. if you dont want to spend the money i also like The Firm dvds they are pretty intense as well
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Try Turbo Jam first if you don't want to spend the money on Turbo Fire right now. You can get the TJ DVDs on Amazon for a fraction of the cost of TF. Also, just out of curiosity, how do you know who Jillian is, but not Bob?