DE?

Options

Replies

• MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My first thought was "DE purps" then I thought about the lovely aroma of chicken sh ite.

All I know about diatomaceous earth is that you can use it to kill centipedes and spiders. I've not heard of anyone ingesting it.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I would like to know why you would ingest this.

It's a powder... So I just put it in some chocolate milk. it's amazing stuff... My hair is growing back because it.

Do you know what it is and what it does or do you just put any old powder in your chocolate milk?

Wow. Yeah, I know what it is and what it does... Obviously or I would not be ingesting it. No need to be rude.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,401 Member
    Options
    I only use it in my pool filter.

This. Never got the urge to eat it either.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

It's a powder... So I just put it in some chocolate milk. it's amazing stuff... My hair is growing back because it.

Do you know what it is and what it does or do you just put any old powder in your chocolate milk?

Wow. Yeah, I know what it is and what it does... Obviously or I would not be ingesting it. No need to be rude.

The reason I asked again is because you didn't answer. Why do you take it and what does it do?
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Do you have worms? Because my quick google search says that's the only reason a human would consume it...
  • Bridge_CG
    Options
    For me, in the about 3/4 weeks I have been taking it, it has made my hair softer, it's making my hair grow back- I've got really thin hair from going through chemotherapy when I was 3, I wasn't as bloated as I usually get on my period.. My skin is softer, I can concentrate better, I sleep, I have more energy and it just makes me feel better all around.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am on a hair forum and lots of women injest it for hair growth. I have never tried it and have no intention of ever injesting it.
  • Bridge_CG
    Options
    Do you have worms? Because my quick google search says that's the only reason a human would consume it...

http://kathiesfitblog.com/2011/03/07/diatomaceous-earth-human-use/
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    i read it and thought "dynamic effort"

any weightlifters in here?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    A woman I work with uses it for arthritis. She swears it works wonders. It has many other popular applications in the holistic health world. Personally, I don't find it that odd at all. At least not any more odd than any other medical treatment or chemical we might use to heal ourselves.

I mean... is eating diatomaceous earth (which is not really dirt -- it is fossilized microscopic shells of one celled plants) any stranger than penicillin?

Google it! I think you'll be amazed at all the things practitioners use it for!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

And from that website:
    REQUIRED FDA DISCLAIMER: *
    Content on this site is for reference purposes only, based on reviews from users of diatomaceous earth. It is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health care professional. User statements regarding this dietary supplement have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Those with health problems, pregnancy or who are nursing are specifically advised that they should consult their physician before taking any nutritional supplement.
    :noway:
  • Bridge_CG
    Options
    oops
  • Bridge_CG
    Options

The reason I asked again is because you didn't answer. Why do you take it and what does it do?

For me, in the about 3/4 weeks I have been taking it, it has made my hair softer, it's making my hair grow back- I've got really thin hair from going through chemotherapy when I was 3, I wasn't as bloated as I usually get on my period.. My skin is softer, I can concentrate better, I sleep, I have more energy and it just makes me feel better all around.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    WTF-Army_radio.jpg

Seriously???
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    No, but I use it to get rid of roaches.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Why can't people just eat FOOD?
  • agthorn
    Options

There are exactly zero references on that website. If I had turned in a paper in grad school with the same content as that blog, I would have been failed out of the program.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options

There are exactly zero references on that website. If I had turned in a paper in grad school with the same content as that blog, I would have been failed out of the program.
    Not to mention the person who owns the blog sells the stuff so do you really think there isn't a motivation to sell there?

If that stuff did all of what it is said to do and had no side effects MDs all over the world would be perscribing the stuff.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    It kills the slugs and snails in my garden and it keeps my pool nice and sparkly clean. I think I'll skip eating it though, I have no snails or slugs in there that I'm aware of and my pee is already sparkly!
  • agthorn
    Options

Not to mention the person who owns the blog sells the stuff so do you really think there isn't a motivation to sell there?

If that stuff did all of what it is said to do and had no side effects MDs all over the world would be perscribing the stuff.

If it did HALF of the stuff that person said it did, it would be on the front page of the New York Times and the person wouldn't need a blog to sell it at $5 a bag.