Busy Mom (aren't we all?)! ... Quick/Healthy Recipe Help?

Options
chrissyw63
chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
Hi everyone!

So my husband and I just started our own business ... on top of his full time job, my part time job/part time school and our toddler ... Needless to say, we're a bit busy! We've been eating out a lot lately because that's all we really have time for between everything. I'm hoping maybe some of you lovely MFP friends could help me with quick and healthy recipes? I'm slightly cooking challenged, so I'm thinking crock pot may be my best option :) I'm trying to learn more so my poor hubby doesn't always have to be the chef ... any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Replies

• jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we are at a similar place in life I am going to add you.

What I do is take meat, chicken, steak, etc. and I buy those mccormick marinade packets and mix them up in a ziplock and keep them in my fridge. The food becomes more flavorful when it sits and I can just grill it on the BBQ or on my grill pan on the stove. Takes my dinner making from an hour to on the table in 20 minutes.
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    what i used to do when my schedule included lil ones...which may or may not fit into your schedule...cook all my meals on saturday for the entire week. when i would warm up the dinner for that evening, i would pull the next night's dinner out of the freezer & place it in the fridge to be defrosted by the next evening. you can also vacuum pack portions to be either microwaved or boiled in the plastic. now that's only dinner. but a BIG help when the day has u exhausted! if you don't want to cook THAT far ahead. make one large dinner (ie a roast) save half & make enchilladas the next day, BBQ beef sandwiches. & the crockpot....BOOYAH!!!! just remember the veggies cook better at the bottom with the meat on top

breakfast: pancakes & waffles can be made ahead of time, portioned & frozen. pancakes for microwave & waffles for toaster. bacon & sausage precooked & portioned in baggies.

30 minute meals http://www.foodnetwork.com/30-minute-meals/recipes/index.html
    4 ingredient recipes http://www.halfhourmeals.com/recipes/

pre planning is necessary for quick easy meals....just always have fresh fruits & veggies on hand for cooking & snacking.

eat out once a week for a really "i'm too exhausted to even breathe" day!!! & a well deserved break.
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    what an adorable ticker!
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I certainly will try the cooking on the weekend thing ... I think once we really get the company moving, it'll be easier. As it stands right now we're spending more time at the shop than at home! We're working on putting a fridge at the shop to help the snacks (that don't include Sonic ...) situation! and good lookin out on the marinades! I am seriously like a bachelor living in a mom's body because my cookin skills stop after ramen. But I'm getting better! :) I appreciate the help!