Stay Puft??

Options
Jennyisbusy
Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
Thinking of putting together an easy challenge but I am doing research to see how much the stay puft man weighs or how many calories he would be, so we can torch him.

Who is interested?

*bonus points for doing the math fro me :)

Replies

• AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm interested!

Not helpful but:

The producers estimate his height at 130 to 500 feet his proportions are that of an overweight human. Overweight stay puft style for 5 feet tall is 170 pounds.
    5/170 = 130/X ,
    5X = 22,100 ,
    X = 4420
    5/170 = 500/X,
    5X=85,000, X= 17,000
    a 16 OZ bag of marshmallows contains 64 marshmallows 16 OZ = 1 LB so multiplying our figures by 64 there are any where from 17,800 to 1,088,000 marshmallows in the marshmallow man
    If you knew his exact weight in pounds just multiply that answer by 64 and this is correct.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_do_the_stay-puft_marshmallow_man_weigh#ixzz1an40LA7d
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Yeah, I saw that - it may be what I have to go with unless I look a at pics and guess. He is supposed to be 100' tall.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    100 ft sounds about right judging from a photo of him next to a building. Rough count is 12 stories high. 8-10 ft per story gives us 96-120 feet. But I think one story is the hat! :bigsmile:

From wiki: His exact to-scale height in the movie is 112.5 feet tall, while his height in the novelization of the movie is given at 100 feet.

Now if we could figure out his circumference we could get a weight.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    This forum really does have some of the most bizarre threads! :D
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Ahhh, it turns out he is ginormous!!!!

I think I have a functioning spreadsheet and a plan - I am hoping to roll out results tomorrow :) In the meantime I have got to get some ZZZzzzz's.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    staypuft-marshmallow-man.jpg
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    This is a good scale shot of him

Stay-Puft.jpg
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options