Black out Restaurants

Options
2»

Replies

• timothyjkiser
    timothyjkiser Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Finally a restaurant where you can celebrate your birthday...in your birthday suite!!!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Has anyone here eaten at one of those restaurants where you eat in complete darkness?
    How was it? What did they serve? How was the experience?
    I really want to try this but there is no restaurant anywhere near here that does it, so I was thinking of just doing it in my house with a few friends. Any info or tips on how to not make a huge mess in my house would be appreciated thanks!!

Use of a Tantra chair....oh wait, what are you eating with your friends?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird to me... only someone in a country OBSESSED with food would come up with something like this!! lol

The idea is to take out one of senses in order to heighten the other senses and the experience. It's not only about the food. Plus I like the idea of experiencing the world in a way some others have to (i.e. blind people), and just to let you know, dining in the dark originated in Europe less than 10 years ago, started by a blind minister named Jorge Spielmann.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I dont know if doing it yourself would work exactly.... part of the experience is not knowing what youre eating. Mystery tastes and textures. Maybe have everyone bring a secret dish? Then youd each have at least something you didnt know what it was.