Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Physical endurance goes down in blue days?

I'm doing the 30DS while going to the gym.. and i've been doing so for at least 2 weeks now and yesterday I was really sad bout some family stuff and i just couldnt complete my workout! I got incredibly tired after 30 minutes of running and I couldnt finish the workout video! I felt bad cause not only I had family issues but I also did not finish the plan for that day! I thought i was being lazy, but then i thought they could be related in a subconscious way? Has this ever happened to anyone?

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Definitely your mood can affect your workouts.

WHen I am in a good mood, I can do FAR better than when I am struggling with things in real life.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Mood and other things can affect your endurance. I figure I get to count it as an extra calorie burn if I make myself do it anyway. There are days when Body Pump is almost impossibly difficult.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    I thought i was being lazy, but then i thought they could be related in a subconscious way? Has this ever happened to anyone?
    Fitness is physical in many respects, but don't underestimate the part that a positive or negative mindset has to play.

I've been in a position to be unable to complete even simple physical tasks when depressed, but conversely when I've been feeling positive I've been able to take on challenges that would normally be far beyond me. I recently ran the last few miles of a thirteen mile hike, simply because I was so excited about having walked so much further than ever before!
  • Hmm that's strange, usually when I'm down or have a lot on my mind I go running and it's like my "me time" to sort things out. Somehow I feel better about my issues and running the usual distance goes by faster :) think of it as purgatory
  • scarletlion
    scarletlion Posts: 11 Member
    thank god im not the only one and that it wasnt laziness! haaha thanks guys. i'll work on my personal life just so i can run 5k.. kidding :)