Here's MY temptation for tonight!

Options
I'm a nurse at a nursing home, so constantly people are bringing in goodies, and, let's face it, most health professionals don't have the best health habits. Isn't it weird? Doctors and nurses tell us what to eat, and what not to do, but do you know how many of them smoke, and have HORRIBLE eating habits? I mean, my dad is a doctor, and I have seen him live for a week straight on ice cream. No kidding. Most of the nurses that I know live on coffee and cigarrettes. I talk about trying to lose weight, and they say that they want to lose weight too, and then help themselves to that 3rd donut, trying to get me to do it too.

Sorry. Way off topic. :blushing: I tend to ramble sometimes. Oh well. LOL

Anyways, tonight one of my aides tried to get me to eat this new chocolate with caramel (which I TOTALLY love). It was from hershey's, and was only 60 cal, so it wouldn't have been a big deal, but, here's the kicker: I wasn't hungry. I wanted it, but I didn't eat it just to try it. I'm so proud of myself! (I gave it to one of my residents with a sweet tooth! LOL, and no, he wasn't a diabetic!)

Thanks for letting me ramble!

(patting myself on the back) :bigsmile:

Replies

• JesCrdr
    JesCrdr Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm a nurse at a nursing home, so constantly people are bringing in goodies, and, let's face it, most health professionals don't have the best health habits. Isn't it weird? Doctors and nurses tell us what to eat, and what not to do, but do you know how many of them smoke, and have HORRIBLE eating habits? I mean, my dad is a doctor, and I have seen him live for a week straight on ice cream. No kidding. Most of the nurses that I know live on coffee and cigarrettes. I talk about trying to lose weight, and they say that they want to lose weight too, and then help themselves to that 3rd donut, trying to get me to do it too.

Sorry. Way off topic. :blushing: I tend to ramble sometimes. Oh well. LOL

Anyways, tonight one of my aides tried to get me to eat this new chocolate with caramel (which I TOTALLY love). It was from hershey's, and was only 60 cal, so it wouldn't have been a big deal, but, here's the kicker: I wasn't hungry. I wanted it, but I didn't eat it just to try it. I'm so proud of myself! (I gave it to one of my residents with a sweet tooth! LOL, and no, he wasn't a diabetic!)

Thanks for letting me ramble!

(patting myself on the back) :bigsmile:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Seriously good job! I probably would have eaten it for 60 calories! But now you know a low cal chocolate for when you can fit it into your calories :happy:

~Leash
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Heyyyyyy! Good job - it's all those little steps that add up to an excellent journey and lead us to our destination! I'm proud for you!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is super commendable. I totally caved on chocolate today, Hershey's Chocolate Raspberry Bliss! But good for you! I am super proud and I don't even know you.
  • Jaxx317
    Options
    That's so great! I totally hear you about evil co-workers. I work in design (e.g. boring desk job where I stare at a computer screen for 9-11hrs a day), and my co-workers are all chocolate fiends and expert bakers, so sweet treats are constantly being thrown my way! I certainly don't have your willpower all the time, but your story is quite inspirational!

71140.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Doctors and nurses tell us what to eat, and what not to do, but do you know how many of them smoke, and have HORRIBLE eating habits? I mean, my dad is a doctor, and I have seen him live for a week straight on ice cream. No kidding.

My dad is a doctor too, and I worry about his eating habits. Ice cream and cheese are his staples....
    I'm trying to get him on MFP.

Congrats!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • plm209
    plm209 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Well....I gave into my temptation tonight. Angry Whopper :love: commercials have been flooding my TV for the past two weeks and I finally said, "Alright, I'm going to eat a small breakfast and lunch, work my *kitten* off in the gym, and then dive into the Whopper at night." :devil: After I finished eating it, I realize that it was no where near as good as having three balanced meals would have been. I'm sitting here, its 2215 (my usual time to grab a Special K bar or another "healthy" snack) and I'm craving the healthy stuff with almost no calories left to spare. :grumble: Ironic isn't it?
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    Very good! Awesome job! Pat on the back for you :smile:

I had one of those "moments" the other night. I am a pizza *ADDICT*. I LOVE LOVE LOVE pizza!

My family decided that is what they wanted for dinner, so said fine with me (no cooking! :smile: ) and I didn't even have a LICK of it - wasn't even a temptation! Honestly just really didn't even sound good. I made something else for myself, was completely satisfied with that, and even MORE happy that I was able to resist. Little steps like that make for lifelong changes! :happy:
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    we actually have "treat Week" at work... every week someone is assigned to bring it somethign fattening. i'm looking forward to my week. carrot sticks it is!
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. I was a CNA in a nursing home before my son was born. It was so hard to stay on track there.
  • Cerabell18
    Options
    we actually have "treat Week" at work... every week someone is assigned to bring it somethign fattening. i'm looking forward to my week. carrot sticks it is!
    I'm sure everyone will love that! I'm tired of people bringing in cookies and brownies...how about a nice veggie platter??
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    When I first started this weight loss journey one of my coworkers brought in leftover Christmas chocolate and put it on my desk. Hershey kisses and bite size peanut butter cups....my 2 faves!!!! After yelling at him for being the most evil being on the planet, I gave them away. I felt so proud of myself.
    He said later that it was just a test anyway, to see if I was serious....and that he wanted it back!!! Too late!!
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    That's fantastic! I work in an office and there always seems to be some sort of goodies in the break room.
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    I totally understand! It's not my co-workers that tempt me - it's my sister! She was eating cookies the other day and we were on the phone and I said that I haven't had a cookie for as long as I could remember. So, she said - "Well, eat cookies then - I am!) I said that I didn't need to, so she started mocking me saying "Oh YES, you're eating healthy now aren't you??" Why would you mock someone for trying to lose weight?? And the kicker - she's got about 50+ pounds to lose herself! (she's one of those ones that's always saying she needs to lose weight and then never does a dang thing about it!) :angry:

Ugh - just leave us alone and let us try to get healthy! It's not funny to tempt us - we have a hard enough time resisting temptations that we bring on ourselves! :grumble:
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That's some serious willpower! Good Job! I'm a nurse too so I feel your pain! Our educator has 2 huge bowls of candy on her desk at all times so it's really hard for me everytime I walk past her office. And our lounge is filled with some sort of goody on most days. Ugh, it's tough!
    Options
    Okay that was a good one I am R.O.F.L I am going to have to remember the Carrot Sticks the next time we have a pot luck at work.