What is your motivation?

Options
What motivates you to lose weight? When did you decide it was time to 'get on the wagon' and take control??

Mine was moving to Denver and realizing that I had 15+ pairs of jeans that did not fit anymore and I was not about to buy a new wardrobe because of this and there was no way i would be able to do what I did last year and wear spring dresses throughout the winter because I lived in South Carolina.

Replies

• charleybillings
    Options
    My health. I am sick of feeling ill all the time and not being able to do anything nor want to.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I finally admitted that I was not happy. My largest clothes were getting too tight and there wasn't a bigger size to go to. I was picking fights with my (now) husband. It was time to fix me. And I love that I am feeling happy and normal again!
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    Saw pictures of myself from a cruise and could not stand to look at my barrel-shaped body. Plus, I hated waking up with a puffy face.

I love the compliments I get now, that motivates me, too.

9503649.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit. I want to run, and lift and feel strong and capable.

I also want to be healthy. My mum has been so ill, with cancer, with arthritis, with heart disease. I don't want my daughter to have to watch me suffering that way.

And then there's a bit of basic shallow vanity thrown in there for good measure.
  • mccgivens
    Options
    My hypoglycemia was out of control and found out that (like diabetics) it can be controled by food and exercist. Something I think I should have been told when I was diagnosed as a kid.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Originally it was because I couldn't fit into men's size 38 jeans and found out that I was nearly morbidly obese according to BMI.

Now it's because I have a lot of jeans that I don't fit into.
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My May 2012 wedding!
    Heart disease runs in my fiance's family- I think I have to be a healthy partner to motivate him as well!
  • Lindsey_81
    Lindsey_81 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Health, My kids and honestly I am tired of looking at my wedding photos wishing I looked like that again.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    diabetes. and everyone telling me that jogging @ 400+ lbs. is bad for me. after losing 100 lbs. diabetes went away and recently did my 2nd 5k.
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hitting 40 last year, I tried to lose weight and get fit before my birthday, but due to an accident that saw me on crutches for 12 weeks and a six month recovery, I didnt manage to get anywhere with it.I'm 41 next month and I've lost 40lbs so far, so it's happenning for me, even if it's a year later than planned.
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    To get into my sexy knickers and not wear granny pants :0)
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hitting 40 last year, I tried to lose weight and get fit before my birthday, but due to an accident that saw me on crutches for 12 weeks and a six month recovery, I didnt manage to get anywhere with it.I'm 41 next month and I've lost 40lbs so far, so it's happenning for me, even if it's a year later than planned.

Lies lies lies :0) There is no way your 41 next month ;0)
  • Kritie12
    Kritie12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine was after gaining 70lbs in three years I had so many clothes I didn't fit into. I knew I had gained a ton of weight but it wasn't until one day a friend from school asked me if i wanted to go on a trail hike with him. (He is in crazy great shape) I didn't think much of it, I thought I can do this, I've hiked before.

I was so tired going up the hill. He kept getting ahead of me and then would have to wait for me to catch up. I kept telling him to leave me and to just wait for me at the top. I started crying at a couple points because I was so embarassed that I couldn't do it. But thankfully he kept encouraging me, telling me I could do it and kept waiting for me. We finally did make it to the top and took a photo of us. I hate the way I look in that photo, hands on my hips because I was out of breathe and looking heavy.

I never want to feel that way again. I have lost 30lbs since that day but I just can't seem to motivate myself to drop 40 more pounds. That is why I am on this site, to find people that will encourage me to lose weight, be happy again, and I am hoping I can meet some people that live around me so I have an actually workout buddy.
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You mean I'm more like 51? lol

Yeah I know, I was once called the babyfaced assassin for some strange reason. ;)
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I was already a size 18 and they were getting snug BIG TIME!
    I was beginning to feel my butt getting bigger and bigger
    I couldnt paint my own toes
    I just wasnt happy looking in the mirror and seeing my big gut hanging over my panties
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Stay motivated everyone!
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Stay motivated everyone!

you are wonderful! :D