MOoobs

Options
So this is an embarrasing topic, but I feel like here is the best place to ask. So over the last couple of years I've ventured into losing weight and I do in my stomache and waist, but not in my chest. I must not be working them out? What are the best exercises to work out the chest?

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    To work out and build your pecs, or actually to lose the moobs?

Remember you can't spot reduce fat. Just keep going, and they will go down eventually. Everyone is different. Mine were one of the first things to go down.
  • goddesshanna
    goddesshanna Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you were at a high enough weight, those moobs may be made of real breast tissue which can only be removed by a doctor.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    It is true that you can't spot reduce fat but you can build up the pectoral muscle which lifts the moob (i'm also a sufferer) which makes them much smaller until the fat melts away. Some great exercises are dumbell bench press, cable or dumbbell flys, incline press and just plane old pushups do wonders. You can good chest excercise and see all kind of variety.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Decrease estrogen by losing fat. Increase testosterone by building muscle. Both need to be done by diet, but you need serious strength training. Polyunsaturated omega 6 fatty acids are the key. Find a good 5x5 training program and most of all, start squatting with a bar and I'm not talking about silly half squats. I'm talking about all the way down and all the way up. Yes. Squatting will get rid of moobs. Spot toning is a myth. Your hormones and genetics determine where fat is used from and where muscle grows.