White jeans...yay or nay?

Options
jayliospecky
jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
So, here's the scoop. I tried on some white jeans today, and I really liked them. They were on an awesome sale, too, and they're nice quality, Calvin Kleins, and a size 10 (yay!).

However, I can't decide whether to keep them or not. Despite the fact that I like them, all of my indoctrination on dressing slim tells me they will automatically make me look as big as a house. My co-worker wears some and looks fabulous, but she is built like a tree (if a tree were tall, willowy and looked like a model). I, however, am 5'4, and...a size 10. Can I possibly feel confident wearing these pants in public? What if I end up in a photograph and have it confirmed that I do not, in fact, look like a willowy, lean twig of a thing? Will this be another thing that sits in my closet because I don't have the nerve to wear it?

On the other hand, I am sick of always wearing the same thing. I have a friend who wears almost nothing except black and I am so dreadfully bored with it. Sure, she always looks skinny, but she always looks the same, too, and if she ever wears an actual color (gasp!) I think she looks fabulous just because I actually notice her.

And yes, I know it's not summer, but I also watched a Rachael Ray episode where their style guru said you can wear white denim year-round, so I don't want to debate wearing white in the winter, thanks anyways. In fact, it may have been on that show (or was it O magazine) that they also said you can wear white no matter what your size, but I'm not quite so quick to believe that one.

For the record, my husband thinks they look great (but honestly, he's one of those "you'd look great in a potato sack" kind of guys, so I don't always know if I believe him either.) My 7-year old said they look "nice," which is bound to be the truth because she tells me if things look weird, but "nice" isn't a huge ringing endorsement either. Then again, she doesn't get terribly excited about someone else getting new clothes if she didn't get something new, too.

So, back to the point. What do you guys think... can curvy girls wear white jeans, too?

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    If I were a size 10, I'd wear them!! Go girl!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Work those white jeans girl! :smile: If you love it, wear it with confidence.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Yay for sure.:glasses:
  • leirvin
    Options
    I think white is beautifully fresh. and honestly, if you look fresh and comfortable, weight or size is not the issue.

I think: enjoy them :)
    best wishes
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Why did you buy them if this is such a quandry? BECAUSE YOU LIKED WHAT YOU SAW WHEN YOU TRIED THEM ON!

That's all that matters....plain and simple
  • Seginns
    Seginns Posts: 39
    Options
    You like them, your husband likes them, your 7 year-old likes them, and they're on sale. These jeans are practically screaming "buy me"! Seriously, get them and feel good when you wear them.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Goodness nay from me.
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is not tree stick-thin who regularly wears white jeans. She pulls it off quite nicely, so I certainly think 'curvy' girls can wear them. :smile: I just get mad at her because she somehow manages to always keep them clean - and she's a racehorse trainer, and wears them to saddle horses!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I say go for it.

If you tan your bottom and it shows through when commando, I say HELL YEAH go for it.
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I have a pair of white denim capris that I LOVE!! I am 5'4, and I will just say that they are much BIGGER than a size 10..lol..But I don't feel self conscience at all when I where them...
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I say go for it.

If you tan your bottom and it shows through when commando, I say HELL YEAH go for it.

I posted my comment and the first thing I saw when it went back to the page was L.L. I said OH DAMN!!! SEXY!!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the entertaining responses. I think I'm gonna' go for it.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Go for it! If you wear them with a nice lighter colored looser blouse, I think they would look fabulous!