? questionn!?

Options
Is eating 300 calories less going to give you the same result as burning 300 cals off at the gym? I have always wonder what is better ?

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Don't under eat though. Its better to eat then work it off at the gym

(full supporter of eating back exercise calories though)
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You'll be toner and heathier if you get to the gym. What's the use in just losing weight if you're flabby and out of shape?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Is eating 300 calories less going to give you the same result as burning 300 cals off at the gym? I have always wonder what is better ?

No.

Excersize make strong.
    No eat make weak.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    If you just eat less, chances are you'll lose a bit more muscle.

If you keep up with a moderate weight regime, youll help preseve a bit more muscle...so ultimately you'll look less skinny or thin, and more toned.
  • skinnydream115
    Options
    I wasnt saying eat 300 calories i just meant like cutting back ha not that im going to i was just curious.. thanks :)
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    That would depend on what "results" you are looking for. If you are looking to gain more overall fitness, I would recommend that you balance the calorie intake reduction with the calorie output increase.
  • koosdel
    Options
    I wasnt saying eat 300 calories i just meant like cutting back ha not that im going to i was just curious.. thanks :)

Answer same.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    If you are planning on cutting back on your regular intake by 300 cals you'll probably see a small result depending on what you have to lose. So you can create the 300 calorie deficit plus work out, just remember to eat back the calories you burn to maintain the deficit and lose the weight/fat.
  • skinnydream115
    Options
    Okay hmm I dont get the whole eating back excercise calories.. like since i went on a 2 hour walk today and burnt maybe 300 ish i should eat 300 more cals?? I dont get why? not saying I am against I just need to figure out why I should do that? ha
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Processing ....please wait.....
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options

No.

Excersize make strong.
    No eat make weak.

This is the best line ever and so true! Eat well and workout. You feel great and look better!!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Please also remember the health benefits of exercise. You're not only improving and strengthening the muscles you can see through your skin but also a number of very important ones that you cannot see (like that little wad of muscle we call your heart). So for weight loss they may have similar effects, but the exercise is highly important to your overall health.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Exercise is WAYYYY better. First off you get extra burn later, from the after burn. The endorphines released last longer from exercise than from food, and any muscle you build will help you burn more calories along the way.

All very scietific facts. Exercise and enjoy the 300 calories you eat.

:drinker:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Exercise is WAYYYY better. First off you get extra burn later, from the after burn. The endorphines released last longer from exercise than from food, and any muscle you build will help you burn more calories along the way.

All very scietific facts. Exercise and enjoy the 300 calories you eat.

:drinker:

If only I could get my typing fingers on straight. I really can spell Scientific. :blushing:
  • koosdel
    Options
    Okay hmm I dont get the whole eating back excercise calories.. like since i went on a 2 hour walk today and burnt maybe 300 ish i should eat 300 more cals?? I dont get why? not saying I am against I just need to figure out why I should do that? ha

The 'exercise calories' are to feul post workout muscle recovery.

Make strong.