What is your fav. grab and go Healthy Snack

Options
Hi,

I am new to this site and recently joined to help myself on this journey.

I am trying to snack on healthy items and looking for some ideas,,,, lately its been cut veggies, baby carrots and fruit... along with the low cal snack bars....

Anyone have some great low cal snack???

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I keep a box of raisins and 1 oz of almonds in the car. My favs are half a PB&J sandwich, cottage cheese, nuts, greek yogurt and pretzels to name a few.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    apples (easy to buy, not too expensive, good fiber and vitamins, fills you up nicely, easy to eat while driving or on the run)
  • Rhayne05
    Options
    Apples and assorted other fruits :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I :heart: banannas.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I keep apples in the office, cashews (I love cashews) in my desk drawer and a container of greek gods yogurt in the fridge.
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Low fat string cheese or one of those little Baby Bel low fat cheese rounds (in the red wax).
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what everyone considers low cal. It could vary from a handful of almonds to some PB on a slice of wheat bread I fold in half.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I love pistachios, boiled eggs, recently tried roasted chickpeas/garbanzo beans and they are yummy!
  • mstormth
    mstormth Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have not had any PB or J or bread since I started trying to loose weight.

I have been snacking only on snack bars that are 100 cals or fruits and veggies......
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal.. the Lower Sugar has the fewest amount of calories. I recommend cinnamon and apples-it's like apple pie. All of the flavors are a little bland, however it feels me up and last a long time!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    probably an apple or banana...or if I'm craving chocolate then a fiber one brownie
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    I love raw nuts and greek yogurt is my ultimate fav....I'm obsessed with Chobani yogurt and always keep it stocked in my fridge....It has more protein in it than usual yogurt and keeps you fuller for longer....If you're on the go you can always make a little snack bag to bring in the car. Theres so many yummy kinds of protein/fiber bars out there