What a neat site!

I came across this site accidentally while I was trying to find the nutritional content for BK's Tendergrill Chicken sandwich. Anyhow, I am 29 years old and have been way overweight for most of my life. I have lost 42 lbs since last January. I still have about 20 lbs to lose, but it is getting harder and harder the closer I get to my goal. I have trouble getting myself motivated to excercise. I have an elliptical trainer and I feel really good on the days that I do excercise. I do real on the nutritional aspect of dieting, but any tips on motivating oneself to excercise would sure be appreciated!

Replies

• I came across this site accidentally while I was trying to find the nutritional content for BK's Tendergrill Chicken sandwich. Anyhow, I am 29 years old and have been way overweight for most of my life. I have lost 42 lbs since last January. I still have about 20 lbs to lose, but it is getting harder and harder the closer I get to my goal. I have trouble getting myself motivated to excercise. I have an elliptical trainer and I feel really good on the days that I do excercise. I do real on the nutritional aspect of dieting, but any tips on motivating oneself to excercise would sure be appreciated!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Jump right on in here with us and there is plenty of motivation here for everyone! Congrats on the weight loss and good luck with the rest!
  • Im another one who tripped upon this site while looking for information on a calorie counter. Im a new member of two days now and beginning to draw some strength from some of the other members here..... you are all so very inspirational. Thank you for all of your positive thoughts
  • Dytari
    Dytari Posts: 51 Member
    What helps by get motivated is having someone to work out with. :bigsmile: I would talk my self out of things real easy or make empty promises to my self that it'll get done tomorrow
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    I came across this site accidentally while I was trying to find the nutritional content for BK's Tendergrill Chicken sandwich. Anyhow, I am 29 years old and have been way overweight for most of my life. I have lost 42 lbs since last January. I still have about 20 lbs to lose, but it is getting harder and harder the closer I get to my goal. I have trouble getting myself motivated to excercise. I have an elliptical trainer and I feel really good on the days that I do excercise. I do real on the nutritional aspect of dieting, but any tips on motivating oneself to excercise would sure be appreciated!
    Hooray for the Chicken then...since you found us via that!:wink::laugh: Awesome job on the lbs. lost already.

Great to have you join us on the site....lots of helpful folks, lots of great tools to use on your journey:flowerforyou: Welcome

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Welcome to you as well Velvet:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Hey you, Fitness Chick...for the newbies, like me of only 2 weeks, you should post your weight loss on you ticker, I know it motitvated me to know how well you have done...is there any way you can do both??? You have come so far, and have very little to go compared to what you faced...I liked seeing that 217 number, I don't know about anyone else, but you made me hang in there the past two weeks....
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Welcome and congratulations on your weight loss so far:happy: This site is very helpful and you will discover that there is lots of motivation:bigsmile:

You can do this...you are already on the homeward stretch...just grit your teeth and did down deep.

Cheers and best wishes to you:drinker:
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    I would suggest, make friends with your elliptical!! I bought one in June and didn't use it regularly. But after the holidays and weight gain I have had, I had to make friends with it again, and I've been on that thing almost every morning. I get up at 5 or 5:30 and put on my radio and just GO for 30 minutes. I try to do it every day. Very soon it will become a habit and you will look forward to it!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hi, and welcome to MFP, I just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.