Frustrated

Options
Okay I'm a bit frustrated today.
I've been back on the MFP 3 weeks (since I got back from holidays)
My goal Calories is between 1200-1300
I've been exercising but eating back my calories from exercise.
I was 86.6 kg 3 weeks ago and I have seen 85.6kg about a week ago.
I have only seen 85.6kg one day - and then it popped back up to 86.1 for a couple of days and then today it is at 86.6kg.

I normally have a low salt diet ( I never had a high salt diet - my family we have always had low salt diet my whole life)
I do track all my food
I do have PCOS
I do not have insulin resistance
OHh and I don't have my large intestine anymore so everything I eat on one day leaves my body the next morning.
I have been doing 1/2 hour cardio a day but not strength training because I build muscle quickly and I eat back my calories mostly.

Okay yesterday I did have a salty lunch so I understand it's fluid retention.
But I would have thought that I could have gotten down to 85.1kg by now - I thought 86.1 was my fluid retention weight that I was trying to flush out.
I do drink lots of herbal tea that I haven't put in my water intake because I don't remember to. At the moment it's a slice of ginger and a slice of lemon with hot water poured over it

I am frustrated.

I know I can't give up on this and I feel much better from the exercise but my clothes are not any looser and the scale is not budging.

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Be patient. It's only been 3 weeks. You will see a loss, just keep at it.
  • beautybiz
    beautybiz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Muscle weights more than fat if you're working out like that maybe that's what's up. Not to worry and don't make yourself crazy on the scale.:wink:
  • traceya76
    Options
    I can feel your frustration. A suggestion is you make sure you are exercising. For the first week make sure your calorie intake is 1200 consisting 120 gram protein, 90 gram of carbs and 40 grams fat.
    This will kick start your metabolism then you can take it up slightly for the following week. This worked for me and i have pcos also.

Good luck:smile:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Muscle weights more than fat if you're working out like that maybe that's what's up. Not to worry and don't make yourself crazy on the scale.:wink:

Come on, seriously?!?!?!?!?! :angry:
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water 9-12 glasses per day on average, I try to workout an average of at least an hour per day everyday, mainly cardio, some pilates, walking, dancing, etc. I also keep sodium low, try to stay within reason on sugar and I try to eat more fiber than my daily goal amount, it seems like its been helping me lose a little at a time even if it's not much. Before this I had been stuck for 3 weeks. I wish you the best!!!
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    weeeelllll. If you're only doing 30 min. of cardio and no strength training and eating back your calories, I'd say that's it right there. Working out for a longer time (I've heard 45 minutes, but I'm no expert) keeps your metabolism up for several hours after you exercise. So instead of just burning the calories while you're working out, you're burning calories for half the day. Strength training is also a good way to boost your metabolism to burn more calories all day. Sorry I don't know much about pcos and the limitations it may create, so perhaps my advice is not appropriate. You'll have to be the judge of that. Whatever the case may be - Don't Give Up!
    Good Luck!
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I agree - do more strength training. I would do strength training and cardio. You'll definitely see a change )but you'll have to add some cals in there, too).

Did you take measurements?? Be sure to do that! While I've only lost a couple lbs, I've gone down in sizes :) THings are firming up. The scale isn't always the deciding factor.
  • cookc04
    cookc04 Posts: 71
    Options
    Thanks,
    I already have plenty of muscle and when last did weight training I went up 3 kg over 6 weeks so I try not to do much strength training. Some of my cardio is swimming so I do get quite of bit of muscle toning there. But my metabolism should already by high because of my muscle.

traceya76 you are right when I've double checked my carb/protein ratio and that looks like my problem - I had it right the first week but the past 2 weeks have had too many variances, I was keeping my carbs to 100gm and low GI but I wasn't getting enough protein.
    That's probably what the issue is - well that and patience. ( for people who don't know- for PCOs and Insulin resistance they recommend a higher protein ratio) .

My measurements haven't changed either.

Hopefully it's just being a bit stubborn and will come off soon. It is only 3 weeks so I have to give it a bit more time.