Ordered 30 Day Shred DVD eeeek!

Options
I read (and saw) everyone's wonderful results with the 30 Day shred DVD, I looked it up on Amazon and at $7.60, I had to take a chance! It will be in on the 19th ish and now I'm FREAKING OUT! LOL wondering if maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew or taking on too much too soon. I'm 5'2 233lbs.I work out about 3 times a week right now and have really gotten into zumba lately, but I'm really wondering if I can actually do it or if I need to wait unitl I have more progress...Thoughts please! Do you think I can really do this???

Replies

• thetorontokid2
    Options
    i'm SURE you can do it!! i just did my first day today...man, it was HARD, but i know we can do it!! i yelled at the tv a lot. LOL
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    You can do it!

Realize, though, that initially you will think it is REALLY HARD. But it gets easier with each day. You will really see improvement in your cardio and strength from day 1 to day 10 of each level (there are 3 levels). You will also probably develop a love/hate relationship with Jillian : )

Take measurements and pics before you start~

Best of luck!
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    I think you can do the 30DS. The first 5 days will suck, not gonna lie. But, as you've said yourself, the results are there and they are WORTH the fight to get there. I've done levels 1 and 2 of the shred, and even after 5 days (of one OR the other) you can see a difference in endurance AND in your body. If you can't keep up with JM or her girls, just keep moving - more push ups, more jumping jacks - anything to keep your heart rate up.

And make sure to take before pictures for comparison at the end! Best of luck to you :)
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    i'm SURE you can do it!! i just did my first day today...man, it was HARD, but i know we can do it!! i yelled at the tv a lot. LOL

haha! I used to laugh when people said they yell at Jillian the whole time they are working out... and now I understand why!! :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it! You have the advantage of already working out and doing Zumba. You will be sore from 30DS, but it won't kill ya, and it works!
  • KateBarnhart85
    KateBarnhart85 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    it is no doubt HARD, but you can deff do it, just stick with the modified versions and don't get discouraged... I started it almost 30 days ago... and I am still on level 1 lol(i wasn't very comitted) I peeked at level 2 and 3 ... THEY ARE INSANE OMG!!!! Good luck to you
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    you can do it! the first day lvl 1 for me was tough, i was sore after. but i kept at it and it was soooo worth it!
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I started yesterday and am sore as heck but I love it!!
  • Maria_t02
    Options
    you definitely can do it! :)
  • crobertson87
    crobertson87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone I am super excited and still kinda terrified!! I will def take before pics and mesurements!! Thanks for all the support!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, you can do it! After the day 1,2& 3, at level 1 you may think I'm lying but on day 5,6 & 7 and especially days 8, 9 and 10, you'll realize in a little over a week, you've increased your ability to do the moves by more than 100%! It's amazing how on day one you can hardly keep up and finish a set and then you are able to get through it. Then of course at that point it's time for level2 :noway: