need help...

Options
Ok; so I changed my goals on here based on my BMR and activity level.

According to my BMR x the activity multiplier, I need to be eating about 2385 calories per day to maintain. That's INSANE! And I've read that in order to lose weight, you should have a deficit of 500 calories each day; not to exceed 1000.

How is this even possible??? I eat anywhere from 1100 to 1300 calories a day and I am FULL. I cannot imagine eating any more calories in a day.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I have trouble eating enough calories. I have to remind myself with each piece of food to try and get something higher in cals. Instead of fresh, healthy items, I often find myself choosing packaged things full of sugar just to get the calories.

I really don't have very good advice, still trying to figure this out for myself.

You can try spacing your meals out more, eating little bits all day instead of real 'meals'. You can add lots of calorie dense items like nuts, seeds, legumes (beans). Add an extra piece of bread with supper. Put peanut butter in your protein shakes.
  • Mynue_Jeens
    Mynue_Jeens Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your calculations are right? A lot of times people over estimate their activity level and calorie intake so maybe a second look wouldn't hurt. It's hard to believe many would need to consume that many calories to maintain unless they have a super active job like construction, or fitness instructor or they burn a crap load of calories through exercise every single day.
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I was full with 800-1000 calories consumed at first too. But I work out 6 days a week and I am now HUNGRY. having the higher calorie intake from eating my exercise calories allows me to eat my food with good flavor :-) So if I want to sautee my veggies in butter I can. Just start increasing your food intake slowly and you will be eating good healthy portions in no time! It took me about a week and a half to get there but I can now eat 1600-1800 calories fairly easy