it doesnt make sense!!

Options
i'm not losing!
last semester, i worked out alllllll the time (every night, for at least 30-45 minutes). but i was working out to burn off all the extra calories i had eaten during the day.
this semester, i'm student teaching, and barely have time to BREATHE. i haven't worked out since i've been back (over a week); however, i'm meeting my net calorie goal every day. i haven't been going over, and actually find myself at the end of the day finding something to eat so i can go over 1200 (i'll be around 1000-1100, but don't want to eat less than 1200 a day for fear of gaining weight in starvation mode!). but even though im not going over in my daily calories, i just look... like im getting bigger. i know, i know, i should measure and stuff, but i remember what my body looked like a few weeks ago, and it definately doesnt look that way now.
is it because i'm not working out? i just don't understand... before i worked out so i could burn off the extra calories i ate; now i'm not working out, but i'm not going over in calories... so shouldn't i be getting skinnier because i'm eating so that i have a 3500 cal deficit/week?
I start Spring Break Boot Camp tomorrow, which meets once a week; so hopefully that will help me get back into the swing of working out... i just can't find TIME. :angry:

ughhh. any tips, motivation, etc would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• abbylove08
    Options
    i'm not losing!
    last semester, i worked out alllllll the time (every night, for at least 30-45 minutes). but i was working out to burn off all the extra calories i had eaten during the day.
    this semester, i'm student teaching, and barely have time to BREATHE. i haven't worked out since i've been back (over a week); however, i'm meeting my net calorie goal every day. i haven't been going over, and actually find myself at the end of the day finding something to eat so i can go over 1200 (i'll be around 1000-1100, but don't want to eat less than 1200 a day for fear of gaining weight in starvation mode!). but even though im not going over in my daily calories, i just look... like im getting bigger. i know, i know, i should measure and stuff, but i remember what my body looked like a few weeks ago, and it definately doesnt look that way now.
    is it because i'm not working out? i just don't understand... before i worked out so i could burn off the extra calories i ate; now i'm not working out, but i'm not going over in calories... so shouldn't i be getting skinnier because i'm eating so that i have a 3500 cal deficit/week?
    I start Spring Break Boot Camp tomorrow, which meets once a week; so hopefully that will help me get back into the swing of working out... i just can't find TIME. :angry:

ughhh. any tips, motivation, etc would be greatly appreciated!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I'd say just find time to work out, that will definitely help plus you will feel better about yourself. I run almost everyday and I feel like I've gained 10 pounds if I miss a day, sounds stupid but it's how you feel no necessarily what's on the scale. Maybe try some at home stuff if you can't make it to the gym or make yourself get up early and workout, you will feel better all day and better choices foodwise. You just have to get yourself back into a routine, don't worry though you CAN do it! Hope this helped! :happy: :happy:

~Leash