Friends with fibromyalgia

Options
13»

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I don't have FM , but i have friend who does, i see her pain and feel frustrated for her

there is a group on here if anybody is intrested.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1042-fit-fabulous-fibromyalgia
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in June 2010 and had to quit teaching. My doctor told me I had had it for quite awhile - about 6 years. I applied for disability and was approved in 2 months. There are days that I spend in bed and days where I feel almost normal. Pain is a constant, some days less, some days intense. I have been using a CPAP since 2009, which helps me rest at night, but fatigue is still a problem. And so on and so on...everyone with fibro can pretty much repeat the list!

"Some days like today I can see great, others I cannot focus on anything in front of me. When I try to look around on bad days I get horrible headaches. If I take my pain meds though I am able to see better. It is really weird and annoying."

Yes, I have problems with eye strain and headaches. My optometrist and my doctor both say there is nothing wrong, so why does this continue to plague me? Pain meds and laying down in a dark room has been helpful, but hasn't solved the problem.

I just try to be upbeat and do what I can. On the days when I feel pretty good, I try to catch up on the cleaning that I neglect when I feel bad. What an awful thing to look forward to - a chance to clean house!! LOL!

And I do have a sugar craving! I thought it was just me!

Hi Redbird!

so sorry to hear you are having problems with your eyes, I think its quite a common Fibro symptom. I have to keep a pair of sunglasses handy because even the daylight affects mine sometimes (especially the 'white' cloudy skies we seem to get here in the UK, during the winter). Other friends of mine with fibro also wear dark glasses a lot, especially in artificial lighting!

Hope this helps and I'll add you to my friends list!

xx
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have been battling fibro for about 5 years. I am always looking for new treatments, meds. Does anyone know the name of the Fibro group on here? Thanks, and good luck to al of you. Red

You beat me to it Red! was just about to ask! lol!!
  • nancyinfernley
    Options
    how do i join the friends with fibromyalgia group? i would like to. i was diagnosed with lupus back in 04. but i never felt like that was really what it was. i thought i had both fibro and lupus. then i finally went in front of a judge back in march of last year. the judge told me i had either one or the other but couldn't have both. so i believed this.

i finally got my medicare/medicaid and went to a RA who asked me all the lupus questions and i only had symptoms that were both fibro and lupus. she said, "i really don't think you have it!" she ran my titers (sp?) after my ANA's came up positive and they were negative. now i'm 52yrs old and have been in pain all my life so i'm used to it. so i can deal with fibro. but not having lupus has given me a whole new lease on life and i want to lose weight, enjoy life and strengthen myself up any way i can. i figure if i'm gonna be in pain anyway i might as well try to work with it.

so i want to join a support group, to be supportive of others and to get support. any suggestions??? i'm in fernley, nv. that's 30miles east of reno, nv.
  • adelareto
    adelareto Posts: 20
    Options
    Yes!!! I crave candy....not chocolate but sugar filled candy!! I just tried sugar free life savers and they help but don't eat too many they can cause diarrhea. So far that is the closest thing I can find that will curb my craving.